Who's hunting the wind tonight?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by seth_turner_04, Oct 26, 2010.

1. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I'm still debating whether to mess with it. We have a cedar thicket on the northern part of our farm and I was thinking about slipping in there and just tucking into some brush and seeing if anything comes through.

What's your plan tonight if you do go?

2. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I might be sneakin' out the back door at work in a bit... taking my mobile set up with me and going to sneak into a funnel next to some cut corn..... if I go. :wave:

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I would already be on my way out there but I have to pick my daughter up and drop her off at dance. After that I'm headed out to hunt. Gonna set up on the ground in a cedar tree and see if I can stick one at point blank range from the ground.

4. cdover

cdover Member

Dec 22, 2009
    wappapello
    Going to hunt a stand in a oak flat and see what happens

5. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    if i had the chance I'd go in a second. Its been windy for about 3 days now, they gotta move at some point regardless. Sure beats watching tv @ home. Good luck fellas!

6. Deerhunter46

Deerhunter46 New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I will be going out, ill be hunting the bottom of a ravine to try to stay out of the wind a bit. Otherwise i would be sitting on the couch watching tv

7. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

I would but after the boy killing the button this morning, I'm gonna let it cool off back there till Thursday. The wind has not seemed to affect movement of the deer, only movement of the tree I am in.:cheers:

8. Volgerstang

Volgerstang New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Boone County
    The wind is incredible

9. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I've seen several deer over the weekend when it was warm and windy. I have decided to sit today out though. I need to take a day and actually catch up on laundry and other stuff anyways.

10. 160983

160983 Guest

In stand now - driving here saw bucks chasing does into soybean fields. Wind is strong but so is my whiteoak tree.....:superman:

11. BUSCHaholic

BUSCHaholic Guest

not me. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:cheers: