Who's going to be the first to buy this?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by venatic, Jan 10, 2018.

1. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013

Vikestand and 90acres like this.
  2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I wonder of this will solve the problem of guys looking through a peep and not picking a spot, but instead seeing a general area on a deer because they are super excited about the 2 1/2 yr old 110" deer they are drawn on and releasing an arrow. It could possibly help them from getting out of their stand immediately, calling 16 buddies who are half drunked up and a buddy with a lab (a.k.a. house dog, a.k.a. deer tracker) to come track the deer. It could also give them an excuse or product to blame so they don't feel like less of a man and cause them to admit that they are simply amateur hour players and should stick to crossbows or rifles.
    All the technology in the world can't make you a killer! For those of you who are killers this would be something to add to your gear. For those of you who aren't (deep down you know who you are)...save the money.

Wings Fan 19 and BackyardBandit like this.

3. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

He seems a bit out of touch.

4. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Yes just like those using Bows with Wheels and Sights.

Been saying this for years.

oneshot

:D :peep:

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I wasn't interested until I found out it was good out to 100 yards. Before that I thought it would be useless for bow hunting.

Satch and WBF like this.
  6. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Only crossbows kill deer out to those yardages! Could you imagine this sight on a crossgun? Talk about unfair! I doubt slow minded, slob xgun hunters have The cerebral capacity to set this particular sight up initially anyways......

7. huntnfool

huntnfool Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Central Mo
    Toooo much $$$$ for me. I don't want to miss a deer because it was ranging a small limb at 15 yards and not the deer at 30. KISS

8. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    For those that are in to all the latest gadgets it seems like a pretty cool acc. I have never been one of those guys much to speak of. It took me a bit to go with the latest gadget at the time, years ago called a compound. As for range finders, I have never used one, much less owned one, so doubt I will run out and buy this one. I have always had my legs, and have always done steps instead of yards, although they are very close to the same. All my hunting life I have always just picked a tree, bush, etc. in the out doors, or an isle, subject on a shelf, etc. in a store such as wal mart and guessed how many steps then start counting. I do this all the time in my mind without at times, even realizing it daily and everywhere. I have got to where I can about guess my steps on the money. I step off my practice target, and areas of expectation at my stands. I have never left my legs "at home" or "in the truck". I use one fixed pin set at 20 steps, and compensate distance like sights on a rifle, and practice accordingly. I keep it as simple as I can, therefore keeping the "problems" at the Moment Of Truth to a minimum.

kempton likes this.
  9. MOFish20

MOFish20 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Time is money! Toss this bad-boy on and skip practicing, get those home projects done in the offseason and spend more time in the woods.
    Fantastic idea!
    If I can just get wifi extended out far enough into my heated, elevated $4000 Muddy blind I can kill deer like the pros.

*crossbow that shoots 3" groups at 100yrds.
    *GPS nocks on the bolts
    *auto-ranging sight

[​IMG]

DCSarchette likes this.
  10. Matt_in_KC

Matt_in_KC Captain Obvious

Jan 12, 2015
    Kansas City
    Will it fit on my X-Gun? I have the heatseeking explosive broadheads with the RFID transmitters, but I just don't feel secure in my equipment!

11. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

Yeah, what a great product... you see you're exactly 37 yards away, and the laser dot gives you the exact spot the deer WOULD have been had he not ducked your arrow!

12. bluecan

Does that feature come on the standard model too, or just the mailman signature series?:thinking:

13. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    This is a re-package of a product that has been around a little while. I looked at a rangefinder that mounted to your sight a few years ago when I decided I wanted to take some guess work out of yardage. I decided against it since it was dedicated to shooting that bow it is mounted too. I realized a hand-held is more versatile in that you can use it for bow, gun, atlatl, slingshot, practice range, and golf.

14. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    Hey MoFish — reportedly that Native-American was an Italian-American in real life.:cheers:

WBF likes this.
  15. bluecan

FYI, this goes a step further and automatically adjusts your pin to the ranged yardage.

421sd likes this.
  16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Which is another leap of faith you have to take at the MOT.

DCSarchette and 421sd like this.