Who's going to be the first to buy this?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by venatic, Jan 10, 2018.

1. cam_shrum

cam_shrum New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Dudley said he was going to take a look at one soon and see of it's any good.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Now you know what to get me for my birthday Gary. :D

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Love all this new traditional archery equipment. :tup:

fishshooter, 90acres and cam_shrum like this.
  4. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Don't usually drink the new kool aids but this looks interesting.

5. ducksNbucks

ducksNbucks Senior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Lathrop, MO
  6. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    $800 to $1000
    I notice it has a bubble so you can adjust the 2nd and 3rd axis. On AT they all say you have to have a bubble. In over 40 years of shooting a bow, I have not had a bubble...

A silent, single-button trigger mounted on the bow’s grip lets the archer range targets at rest or at full draw, virtually eliminating distance estimation and hunter movement – two of the biggest challenges in archery hunting. The laser range finder instantly provides the precise angle-compensated distance – up to 100 yards on game or 300 yards on reflective targets. The Xero then projects a precise, virtual LED pin that is only visible to the archer, and without the clutter of multiple physical pins. An ambient light sensor ensures the pin brightness is optimized for various shooting conditions.

“The Xero bow sight is truly a game-changer in the archery world. It helps take the guesswork out of ranging a target,” said Dan Bartel, vice president of worldwide sales. “When that buck of a lifetime walks by, knowing your precise yardage and having the exact pin to shoot is often the difference between making that shot or going home empty-handed.”

Archers can customize the Xero for single or multiple pin configurations, or they can manually select a pin of a pre-determined distance. A sunlight-readable display helps the user configure and customize the sight and provides information like target distance and angle. It also provides a shot odometer, so archers can keep tabs on how many times they’ve shot in one practice session or over the lifetime of the bow.

The Xero A1i includes many additional features. Laser Locate™ estimates the arrow’s point of impact and transfers that location to a compatible Garmin device (sold separately) so hunters know where to begin their recovery of game. The A1i also enables the archer to configure multiple arrow profiles, to easily transition between a target or hunting setup without readjusting the sight. Archers can also analyze and improve their performance with shot dynamics – information like arrow speed, roll of the bow, and bow impulse duration. Additionally, the A1i features user selectable red (default) and green LED pins.

The Xero operates up to a year on two AAA lithium batteries and comes in both right and left-handed configurations. Ruggedized and water rated to IPX7, the Xero can withstand the rigors of bowhunting. The Xero A1 has a minimum retail price of $799.99, and the A1i has a minimum retail price of $999.99.

7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Perfect for the 3-D circuit.

8. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    no thanks.

9. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    You sure about that, it might help you connect on a true booner some day, and in the end, isn't that really what it's all about? :wave1: :D

10. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    They should be illegal, just an easy button for lazy slob hunters.

kempton, Vikestand and BustinBucks like this.
  11. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    I've never used a rangefinder or anything super fancy past regular 3 pins. My luck the batteries in the sight would go bad and shut off right at the MOT. It looks super cool though. I'd love to play around with one for fun.

12. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Don't you have a crossbow?

reitzs likes this.
  13. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Maybe I'll get one for my new crossbow

reitzs and fishshooter like this.
  14. Cook

Cook Well-Known Member

May 28, 2003
    Been a long time member,but the last year or 2 I can't tell who is serious,sarcastic,trolling,whatever.
    Seems like a good product to me.

90acres and DCSarchette like this.
  15. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    I have never in my whole put together used a range finder, but could see where this would be kinda spiffy

16. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Whatever helps not wound a deer is fine by me. Not that this will solve he problem but sure wouldn't hurt.

Garypatt51 likes this.
  17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I cant see investing in this. My range is 30yds and I usually set up and range some lanes (unless I am in a stand that I have hunted a fair bit before) and put the rangefinder away.
    Really, it isnt too difficult to get a feel for what the ranges are anyway.
    I dont want to have to monkey with something acquiring a "fix" on a target or having it range a tree or twig in between at the MOT.
    Good ole .019 pins and keep it simple.

WBF likes this.
  18. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

I think the product will be awesome, but I also think it will be plagued with people giving it bad reviews because they can't set it up right. Anytime there are adjustments for Elevation, Pitch, and Yaw, It has eliminated a large portion of the general public from getting it right. The set up it will take to use this thing properly might doom it.

19. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    I told the lead developer for the Xero, a good friend of mine, that they need to have an app to interface with it to make the calibration process easier. He said "I told them that 2 years ago but my boss said 'bow hunters don't use apps'."