Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Not me. I chose to work today and I'm not making the 2 hour drive to sit out in that cold tomorrow.:whiteflag: Good luck to anyone that's going. :rock:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Not me. Just shot one tonight and will butcher it tomorrow. Running out of good arrows. Plan on sightning in 22-250 tomorrow since I just got a new scope. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
Originally posted by JustBob
I scored the opportunity to go. Who else is goin?

It's gonna be cold!
YOur kidding......... not this ol man...... too dang cold for my skinny butt......... :whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Nope, haven't had time to process the 2 we shot last Sunday yet. Probably do that tomorrow & cut some firewood.

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Originally posted by pinwheel
Nope, haven't had time to process the 2 we shot last Sunday yet. Probably do that tomorrow & cut some firewood.
Finally had the time to process one today.....gotta thaw it before I can even skin it....OOPS!

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
i could go but i chose not to, high of 15 degrees means i stay inside, if ive been seeing more activity during shooting times i would probably go but last few deer i have seen were only because they were jumped up, but good luck to those going :cheers:

·
Registered
139 Posts
A lot of wind plus single digit temperatures with an 11pt in the frezer.... Im gonna stay in a watch some Football.

·
17,685 Posts
I'm waiting till New Years weekend if my son wins the youth hunt I'll take him on that, If not we will go to Kansas to hunt some does on the wheat fields

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Originally posted by lma
Finally had the time to process one today.....gotta thaw it before I can even skin it....OOPS!
I hear ya, I haven't checked on mine yet, but I've got a feeling if they weren't froze solid, they will be in the morning.

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Originally posted by lma
I hear ya, I haven't checked on mine yet, but I've got a feeling if they weren't froze solid, they will be in the morning.
Yeppers....froze solid this afternoon...the warmest it's to be for a few days.:whinging:

Ah...look at the bright side....I don't have to find a place ....or enough coolers....to keep it cold until I get it all processed! :rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
me staying home
the last forcast i saw was for a high of 9 with 30 to 40 mph winds
i hunt a wide open bottom and that is a little to much for me
:whiteflag:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
When we had da snow I found a ravine where the deer and turkey were working. I set up a tent with a heater in it on a wooded rige side for a day sit and tomorrow might be it.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Originally posted by lma
Originally posted by lma
Yeppers....froze solid this afternoon...the warmest it's to be for a few days.:whinging:

Ah...look at the bright side....I don't have to find a place ....or enough coolers....to keep it cold until I get it all processed! :rof2::rof2::rof2:
No, I'm not worrying about the meat spoiling, that's for sure. If need be, I'll let em hang till next week sometime.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well wish me luck. I'm also takin a first timer out. Picked up some ammo for my 7mm tonight. If he gets a shot he'll bring em down. Good luck boys!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I want to....but DANG it's gonna be cold...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figure since it will be cold they'll be mobile in survival mode and moving. A lot of people have been puttin em down this weekend so it's worth a shot. Pun intended.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts