Who's goin in the wind?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by hun10, Oct 25, 2010.

1. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Just wonderin who is braving the wind tomorrow. Its gonna be pretty stiff. 22 mph around here is what is advertised, I bet it gets up more than that by the way it is outside now. Thoughts?

2. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Gasconade County
    :confused: Got brush hogging to do tomorrow if it isn't too wet from any rain. May try a hunt in the evening. Good luck to ya.

3. HomertheHunter

HomertheHunter Active Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kearney, MO
    I have tomorrow off and plan on going out. No way I am climbing a tree, I plan on hunting off the ground and doing some still hunting.

4. 160983

160983 Guest

Went out today to move a set. Went ahead and sat til dark. Saw plenty of movement and it was blowing hard:). Be out again tomorrow.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I'm going to check to see if our ground blind is still where i put it 2 days ago. my fear is I'll be searching through a rather large chunk of oak flats for t...somewhere:whinging:

6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    417 and I will be out there. We got plenty big of trees to hold us steady.

Parker

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    If I had tags I'd go every spare minute I had. Wind or not, usually high wind makes them bed down. But like all creatures their stomach dictates their behavior, besides wind sometimes conceals you better. If everything else is moving you can get away with movement too.

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i go in the wind, just make sure i'm not facing the wind. stay dryer:cheers:

9. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I will hunt a freshly picked corn field in a creek bottom in an urban area tonight
    I will NOT be climbing a tree
    ground hunt for me tonight

10. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Wish I could, but I gotta finish up a job so one of our members can get moved into his new home. Wind can be some of the most productive hunting. High winds make deer nervous & get them on their feet.

11. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

After last nights events Im about ready to get out there now, just need some coffee. I'll be up a tree in a fixed stand. I need to see if the blind is still there also.:cheers:

12. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :whiteflag: Sorry. Too much for us. We're going back to bed. :whiteflag:

No way it is safe out there to be in the woods.

Parker

13. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    you betcha i finally get to go in the woods and see whats going on in there:cheers:

14. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    skipped this morning and will go check on ground blind a little later to make sure it is still there and then will hunt this evening for sure

15. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Quote: "Who's goin in the wind?"

Not me....and I'm not tugging on Supermans cape or taking the mask of the Lone Ranger either.

16. The wind is crazy this morning. I am going to work long hours and hope to get off early Thursday. I hope to hunt Thur evening and Friday. Looks like the Temps should be right for those days!!:wave::cheers:

17. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I got up, looked out the bedroom window and went back to bed.:wave:

18. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1862857&tid=129699&author=Mailman]Quote: "Who's goin in the wind?"

Not me....and I'm not tugging on Supermans cape or taking the mask of the Lone Ranger either.[/rquote]

:D:D

19. gentleben

gentleben Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    STL
    [rquote=1862773&tid=129699&author=Parker]:whiteflag: Sorry. Too much for us. We're going back to bed. :whiteflag:

No way it is safe out there to be in the woods.

Parker[/rquote]

That's a good point. Last week, we went up north hunting. My uncle went to his tree stand and there was a LARGE limb that had fallen and made it's new home smack dab in the middle of his ladder stand. Had he been sitting in it when it fell, it would have been the last place he ever sat.

Be careful out there!

20. brad7623

brad7623 Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Arnold
    I decided to pass as well possibly go out tonight but wind speeds aren't supposed to drop until about 630-7

Brad