Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
take me (a goater) duck hunting? I have only been once and I must say it was a great time.

So, would anyone be willing to give BTH the chance to go with you quack smackers and kill a few birdies?

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may be too far, but hey why not. Any ducks in Texas? I have no idea, I do have a friend in SE Arkansas we may be able to infringe on him if you wanna hunt out of state. He claims there are a lot of ducks down that way.

BTH

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1485043&tid=103790&author=Big Time Hunter]take me (a goater) duck hunting? I have only been once and I must say it was a great time.

So, would anyone be willing to give BTH the chance to go with you quack smackers and kill a few birdies?

BTH[/rquote]

Im going Thursday and Sunday. If something happens worth you making a drive for, I'll let ya know, you're welcome to hunt with us anytime. St Louis area :cheers:

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
yuo dont have the pig flu anymore do ya? also we will need a medical record of all you shots and physicals.. we have to watch you goaters .. the most inportant thing to is please wash the deer wizzz before showin up cool..
good spots right around columbia for soem good duckin and cheeks...

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No more pig flu here, at least for me. Oldest boy is still showing signs. I hear eagle bluffs ca is a good place if you can get drawn. When I worked for the MDC in years past Duck Creek CA was also a good place. Man that place down there is crazy!

BTH

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
it is lookin like the river will not get hunted in alton this year at all and maybe next year too... they are really worried about the sand boil in east alton sucks for sure.. some of the st.louis parks are holdin ducks and they just need some cold air to get hem movin...

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen as many flying this year as I usually do by this time. Of course these observations are made while hunting the wood goats.

Reb- I would very much like to go, so would anytime in late December be good? After goat gun season starts I am pretty much done hunting them.

BTH

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
:wave::wave::wave::wave:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinkin maybe I would come down to SW MO and that way the rest of my family can visit their peeps and we could go hunting.

BTH:cheers:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
if the reb drops the ball i am sure we can get you out. won't promise we kill anything but can get you out.:cheers:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
[rquote=1485112&tid=103790&author=Big Time Hunter]I was thinkin maybe I would come down to SW MO and that way the rest of my family can visit their peeps and we could go hunting.

BTH:cheers:[/rquote]

Done deal bro, name it weekend and its a done deallio!

ps, in the duck forum is talk about a cast n blast its in jan

:cheers:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds fun for sure and thanks for the offers boys. I have always wanted to duck hunt, but I know for a fact it costs major $$$ for equipment and such. Thus the reason I'm really not into it. The day is coming though because it seems to me that the duck wackin really doesn't get good until after wood goat gun season ends. After the orange army goes into the woods the bowhunting sucks! So, I have been thinking for quite a while that duck hunting may be the ticket.

BTH

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
could I interest you in a good old fashion rabbit hunt? sorry for the off topic here but since you are willing to try duck hunting maybe I could see if you wanted to try rabbit hunting. I just may need a extra gun with me. Seems its been getting hard here lately to find people to go. If so let me know. I'll keep you in mind just in case I need a hunting partner for the day.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1485160&tid=103790&author=Joeyman]could I interest you in a good old fashion rabbit hunt? sorry for the off topic here but since you are willing to try duck hunting maybe I could see if you wanted to try rabbit hunting. I just may need a extra gun with me. Seems its been getting hard here lately to find people to go. If so let me know. I'll keep you in mind just in case I need a hunting partner for the day.[/rquote]

Would love to hunt rabbits behind your hounds! That sounds fun as heck. May even be able to get permission from the family for you to come to our farm in Howard county and whack some. I know we have a few as we have been managing for the bunnies for about ten years now.

BTH

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
[rquote=1485193&tid=103790&author=Big Time Hunter][rquote=1485160&tid=103790&author=Joeyman]could I interest you in a good old fashion rabbit hunt? sorry for the off topic here but since you are willing to try duck hunting maybe I could see if you wanted to try rabbit hunting. I just may need a extra gun with me. Seems its been getting hard here lately to find people to go. If so let me know. I'll keep you in mind just in case I need a hunting partner for the day.[/rquote]

Would love to hunt rabbits behind your hounds! That sounds fun as heck. May even be able to get permission from the family for you to come to our farm in Howard county and whack some. I know we have a few as we have been managing for the bunnies for about ten years now.

BTH[/rquote]

I hunt off hi-way 70 some and am planning to try a CA near columbia area sometime in December. Not sure are you off most weekends. I normally hunt every saturday and sunday. Start early morning and hunt for about 5-6hrs or sometimes finish sooner just depends on the layout of the land and how well we are doing. If you want to hunt your families property I'd more than willing to come out. I'll be hunting several other MWT member's property very soon. Deer season is almost over small game is in. If we need more beagles on the ground I can get a few on loan from ghbeagles. I can handle them not a problem.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good joeyman! I am off every weekend in December.

I will u2u you when I can go.

BTH

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
cool

1 - 20 of 24 Posts