Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hunting A6 in the alton pool today??not gonna say why but mr green jeans is lookin for ya:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seriously can you not say anything on this sight any more without getting edited for something?sorry whoever changed the title of my post i didnt mean to call somebody an idiot.if you were the one hunting A6 today and shot the swan jumped in your boat and took off like a scorned cat before anybody seen you im sorry and hope i didnt offend you or hurt your feeling by my statement i now realise you were just lacken sence when you shot a bird with a 10 foot wingspan and a five foot neck thinking it was a snow goose:rof2:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Edited on 12-6-2009 by BILLYGOAT]

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
I posted before your explanation but once I saw it I removed my post.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
bwahah happens every year. Usually closer to christmas though. Columbia bottoms, eagle bluffs, and now A6.

I was wondering why you changed the thread title, now I know:rof2:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya probably was the filter..my bad lol been at a x mas party and had a few:cheers: now trying to get my stuff togeather for the morning.it happened early in the year this year so there will probably be more but i still dont see how somebody could do it.i guess A6 will be open for a while i doubt those boys will be back any time soon:rof2:

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
It sure is a shame that some folks are as dumb as that. I bet they were even callin at them too. I hope they find them and letum have it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
:eek: Daggum that was quick! :boohoo:
I just posted about the swans comin through on their way to MO earlier in the week. :D

Crystal swans kinda make a guttural grunt type call. There are calls made for swans, but there's just a couplethree states you can legally hunt them. When CJ and the boys were with me on TH couple years back we had some work into our dekes, for a couple oldtimers like us that was a sight to behold, them boys had no clue what they witnessed that morning, but someday hopefully they will understand.

:smiley:

[Edited on 12-6-2009 by DWD]

·
13,581 Posts
Crystal,

When you hear a swan and want to hear a Canada, your mind will let you believe it is a muted off tone goose. I can honestly say that one morning when the canadas were flying, I was hunting a-8, we needed one more goose for me. two birds honking and flying at us right out of the morning sun. Right as they approached shooting range my hunting buddy called me off the shot...I wanted them to be a goose, we both thought we heard goose. But my fatal flaw would have been that I could not identify the bird. If you can not identify the bird as being what you are after -->Don't shoot...

·
13,581 Posts
all of the trailers in the lincoln shields lot ( concrete ramp ) had Illinois plates at 830. I guess Billy and crew came down the river from Alta Villa as there were no NCDS vehicles by the bridge...My eyes said 4 came in low and flew over A-1 or A-2 then towards A-11, that would put them over A-6. He was in the truck with a radio on so he did not hear any shots... He was on the the lot duck watching from 830 till around 10 am...

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
You know wonder if was some illini boys cause swig said he pulled into the blind at 530 and there guys already set up to hunt. Ha run them of and they weren't so happy he said. Oh and teah the villa is the place sk. Big lot have to back down to far to put in. Swig said there was 3 and they were older fellers. Some one had to have seen them shoot the swan cause the mdc was called. I bet it may had been the idiots that was set up in a blind before 6 to hunt. Makes you proud though one you have to jump fellers out of your blind.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.