Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a crew to help manage a few acre burns at my farm...when it is right in Jan or Feb 2010.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep in touch Jaybird!!!:claphands:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
I can light a fire like its nobody's business:D what happens after that...is out of my hands:toilet:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I doubt I can plan this far ahead for a trip that far on a weekend. But if I'm able I may come and help. I'm guessing that on the january part, you mean after the 15th:D

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Jeff, maybe a few of from the Stl area can car pool down. I have a leaf blower and slept at a Holiday Inn a few days ago so I'm ready. :whistle:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The farm is located a few miles south of Steelville. Where the big ones don't grow...

[file]81674[/file]

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Keep me posted Jeff. I've got a couple fires I have to do right about that same time.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Thats around the Fort Wood area aint it? Not to awefully far for me, ' bout an hour and a half or so. Might be able to make the trip up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know nothing about prescribed burns, other than how to run around with a paniced look in my eyes. But, I would like to learn. I would be glad to help.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Well Brent, just hang with me and ole Dano and you'll fit right in running around with that panicked look on your face.:D:D, cheers Dano!:cheers:

G

·
If this is the same place that you was talking to me about earlier this year Jeff it will be easy to burn this off

If you have my number give me a call and we can talk about a game plan for it

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is the same place, but a few more hands and eyes will help out if something were to happen.

I hope it can be used as a learning experience too, maybe some others will want to learn about fire, it uses, and how to control it.

I have some paths cut around the areas. I would like to have them raked clean, but I just don't think my time will allow it, hence more hands to control the habitat regeneration.

I have two very powerful blowers, a spray rig, and a tractor with a FEL.

Just have to get the right weather for this thing.:eek::

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I live in Steelville,Not sure where your farm is but shoot me a u2u and I should be able to help.just let me know.You close to town,I am about 4 miles out.

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts
[rquote=1490823&tid=104122&author=HabitatMD]Keep me posted Jeff. I've got a couple fires I have to do right about that same time.[/rquote]hmm,did't you burn up enough last year:thinking:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts