Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
Used to shoot a lot of 300 rounds. Every year for the past several, I keep saying I'm gonna dust off the indoor bow & start shooting again, but never seem to get around to it. Used to shoot a lot down at Lucas archery in Moberly. I'm sure they still shoot league twice a week.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,924 Posts
I shoot an indoor league at St. Louis Bowhunters on Thursday nights.

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1502450&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo]3D?
Paper?
Where at?[/rquote]

My uncle shoots 300 at Powder Horn, I am not sure if it is a league or just him practicing there though. I will ask him:cheers:

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
Rob, you wanna get together and shoot some indoor this winter? I'd be happy to kick your butt with my hunting bow.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
[rquote=1502464&tid=104840&author=cummins5.9]Rob, you wanna get together and shoot some indoor this winter? I'd be happy to kick your butt with my hunting bow.[/rquote]

There ya go again, your mouth writing checks your butt can't cash.:blah::blah::blah::rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1502464&tid=104840&author=cummins5.9]Rob, you wanna get together and shoot some indoor this winter? I'd be happy to kick your butt with my hunting bow.[/rquote]

Where ya shoot at?

With my traveling it's hard to shoot a league but most will let ya shoot for fun if they have room

I've had my backside handed to me many times before but yes I would probably let ya win cause I'm nice like that

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
[rquote=1502476&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo][rquote=1502464&tid=104840&author=cummins5.9]Rob, you wanna get together and shoot some indoor this winter? I'd be happy to kick your butt with my hunting bow.[/rquote]

Where ya shoot at?

With my traveling it's hard to shoot a league but most will let ya shoot for fun if they have room

I've had my backside handed to me many times before but yes I would probably let ya win cause I'm nice like that[/rquote]

I see you know Leo pretty well. His fragile ego can't take too many butt whoppins. Good for him to have friends like you.:rof2::rof2:

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
[rquote=1502476&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo][rquote=1502464&tid=104840&author=cummins5.9]Rob, you wanna get together and shoot some indoor this winter? I'd be happy to kick your butt with my hunting bow.[/rquote]

Where ya shoot at?

I've had my backside handed to me many times before but yes I would probably let ya win cause I'm nice like that[/rquote]

I doubt I'd shoot a league either, I get bored with indoors to easily. The gym out at Linn has a pretty nice indoor range that's open a few days a week. We could shoot down there sometime if ya wanted.

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See what days they do it and maybe we could give it a whirl

I have never shot paper and I may get bored pretty easy with it

Eldon is doing some indoor paper this year on Tuesday nights but I will probably only make 1 the week after Christmas

How hard can it be it's just 20yards right.....:scared:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I will begin shooting paper when hunting season ends or the mood strikes me. Will be at Powder Horn in Columbia. They also have indoor 3D usually beginning after X-Mas.

BTH

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
[rquote=1502743&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo]

How hard can it be it's just 20yards right.....:scared:[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: Indoor separates the men from the boys.

Really doesn't seem like it should be that hard to keep 60 arrows inside a 4" circle at 20 yds, does it?:thinking:

I assure you, if you play it much, you'll quickly learn if you've got flaws in your form.

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=1502758&tid=104840&author=pinwheel][rquote=1502743&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo]

How hard can it be it's just 20yards right.....:scared:[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: Indoor separates the men from the boys.

Really doesn't seem like it should be that hard to keep 60 arrows inside a 4" circle at 20 yds, does it?:thinking:

I assure you, if you play it much, you'll quickly learn if you've got flaws in your form.[/rquote]

Yeah I'm sure I can jank a few

It seems after I shoot a bit my muscles tighten up and I find myself not relaxing and then the release won't go off and I have to let down more .It's just harder to focus if I shoot one after another after another I guess? Oh and my form.... We don't wanna go there:stickfight:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
When you feel you've reached the top of your 3D game, go indoors & get serious about learning to shoot 300's with a high x count & I guarantee you'll find the discipline you learn indoors will transfer to your outdoor game.

I don't know how far you are from Moberly, but if you ever decide to get serious about shooting indoors, I'd recomend you join their league. There's some boys in there that can flat shoot. Entire walls, full length of the range are papered with 300, 60X games shot in that shop.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
I've never shot 300 paper leagues, but I used to shoot a lot of indoor 3D. Tons of fun but the leagues around here all start before hunting season is over and I'd rather be in the treestand than on a concrete range in a morton building.

I guess I need to call Butch's in Palmyra and make sure they dont have a later league this winter....my shooting could use the extra practice.

·
1,271 Posts
[rquote=1502450&tid=104840&author=Refuze2falo]3D?
Paper?
Where at?[/rquote]

300 at Lucas Archery:banana-man-yeah:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Any indoor ranges in the KC area ? I just moved here and itching to shoot somewhere . I moved into an apartment complex and there are no outdoor ranges close by .

·
Registered
104 Posts
venatic how are the leagues at st.louis bowhunters?:) i live in florissant , me my brother and uncle was thinks of joining them after the first of the year.:wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts