who read comics as a kid??

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by buckbuster, Nov 4, 2010.

1. buckbuster

buckbuster Active Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toas, Mo
    talking to a student about comics that he reads, and just wondering. I read alot of Disney stuff Donald, Uncle scrooge, and a little spiderman here and there.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I didn't read them at all. We were too poor to buy them, I was too busy hunting for supper, literally.

3. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Northern Ozarks
    Back when I was a kid.....who didn't.

4. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    didn't really have any. between chores, hunting and homework not much time for anything else. all my money went to shotgun shells.

5. lma

lma Active Member

Superman and Unknown Soldier :wave:

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  7. Gakic24

Gakic24 Active Member

Cant ever say I had any interest in reading whatsoever... My grades prove it!:toilet:

8. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1880454&tid=130951&author=mohunter32]Never. [/rquote]

x2

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Not that I'd ever admit anyway....:wave:

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i was too busy learning the ins and outs of cars, never had any interest in comics

11. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Every Sunday morning.

12. ACES

ACES Active Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I'll admit to it. I read a lot of archie and jughead comics.

13. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

I read Ritchie Rich,Superman,Spiderman,The Thing,Swamp Thing,X-Men,Batman & Robin,The Hulk,The Green Lantern,lots of others I can't think of right now?Just look at all the Movies out in the past 10-20 years...most of them are based on Comic Book Super Hero's! :cheers: :eek:: :claphands:

I still had time for Hunting,Cars and finding other ways to get in trouble! :thinking: :shrug: :whistle:

14. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I was either hunting or checking out the neighbors daughter, oh she was hot and very much a lady and I treated her as such. But gosh, she was IT!! When she told me I was like the brother she never had, my heart was broken for years. She was a carbon copy of Shania Twain. Made me meltdown into a puddle.

15. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Cheif Cherokee Puddles....has a sweet ring to it....! :cheers: :thinking: :rof2: :rof2: :wave:

16. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1880462&tid=130951&author=FiremanBrad]Not that I'd ever admit anyway....:wave:[/rquote]

Me neither... :innocent:

17. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Only if they started with, "I never thought this would happen to me...":D

18. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I've got a stack of them in the basement from when I was a kid. We didn't hunt much, did a little fishing, but not enough. I've got lots of superheroes, Archie, Ritchie Rich, and a few Swamp thing.

And I always read the ad for becoming Charles Atlas and wondering if I could somehow pay for it without Mom and Dad knowing. I didn't want to be that skinny kid on the beach, though I never saw a beach until I was in the Navy.

19. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1881418&tid=130951&author=90acres]...I always read the ad for becoming Charles Atlas and wondering if I could somehow pay for it without Mom and Dad knowing. I didn't want to be that skinny kid on the beach, though I never saw a beach until I was in the Navy. [/rquote]

AND...don't forget the ad for the x-ray vision glasses! :D