Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just working on packing a box of essentals for bow season such as lights, TP, knifes, ziplocks etc. I also have my backpack that I will be carrying into my stand. In this I have more TP, lights, knifes, water etc. One insturment I have packed and will wear on my side is my handy Glock Model 26, sub-compact 9mm with JHP's, (nickle plated shell casings in case of rain). Here's a few questions

What is the fine for this infraction of the wild life code?

Will anyone besides me carry such a firearm for personal protection during bow season?

Would an agent realize the nature of this firearm is strictly personal protection? A 30-30 would be a completely different story.

Has anyone else had meth maker problems like us, and feel that personal safety may be an issue, specially since most bow hunters are alone, no deer camp to fall back on.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
Not directly, but I'm sure that you'd find out if you openly post about doing such things. I know guys who have posted that they keep over the possession limit of game, and got a visit to their home shortly after.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Just my opinion of course, but if there is that big of meth problem in your deer woods, I'd be looking for a new place to hunt(and I would tell the police).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Where the heck are you hunting, Washington Park???

I hunted for several years in one of top three counties in Illinois for meth production. I even witnessed a drug buy while hunting a parcel of private land that borded a city park. I'm quite sure meth-heads are abundant where I hunt now, however I have never felt a need or desire to carry a weapon other than my bow while hunting. Knowing how strict a lot of conservation agents are, I wouldn't risk the hassle.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
If you are asking if it is legal to bring a firearm..........the answer is no.

You would get a ticket if caught......no doubt.........

besides........meth makers wont be in the woods at sunrise...

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,249 Posts
If you are a landowner on your own property you can legally carry.:wave:

But, yeh, if I hunted property where I felt I needed to carry for my protection, I be finding different ground.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. The meth issue was dealt with, but you never know when that issue might surface again. This is ture for almost anyone that owns or hunts a a larger peice of land that is not constantly monitered.
2. If an agent wants to come to my house, hehe/she is always welcome.

·
5,632 Posts
On a related topic...

Who is gonna shoot a buck with only 3 pts on one side in an antler restricted county this year? I know I am.

:neuspeuter:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Carrying a firearm, such as a pistol, with you during bow season, no matter who's property it is, is breaking the law. My father-in-law is a city police officer and I listened to a game warden tell him that he would be breaking wildlife codes by packing a pistol to his bow stand - during bow season. It IS perfectly legal to bow hunt, with your bow tag, during firearms season. However, if you're packing a pistol during this firearms season you better have a firearms tag also.

Do you carry your weapon into a bank or other businesses where it's not allowed? I'd imagine it would be against the law to do such a thing. The same for carrying a pistol into the woods during a bow season.

I see more news reports about bank robers and convenience store thefts thefts than I do deer stand killings. In fact, I'd bet that that the ratio of conveniece store killings to deer stand killings is astronomical.

Like blevely said, if you're too afraid to hunt where you're hunting, find another place. Plus, if the woods in your area are overun with meth makers why do you want to hunt there in the first place? Wouldn't these idiots be pushing deer away from you?

·
5,632 Posts
Heck yes, over bait! I won't get caught though...there won't be any game wardens wandering around through the woods at night. I won't need a spotlight cause I got night vision equipment. Those deer will come right into my bait when I use an electronic call! I can't wait to try out my new .22LR on those babies!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.