Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I do not post much any more to many idiots out there that complain you are hunting to much. I still hunt 4 to 5 times a week when off from school in the summer.
They are just jealous. It's their life styles or careers that prevent them from going as much.

I say if you if you have the opportunity and desire, do it as long as your health allows.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
I had a raccoon in a trap this morning. I took him on a one-way drive out of town, where he wasn't going to be a problem for anyone, any more. He wasn't very cooperative when I picked up the Haveaheart to carry him off. He was a lot more cooperative when I "set him free".

No old fat guys were harmed during the making of this post.

·
Registered
31,991 Posts
I had a raccoon in a trap this morning. I took him on a one-way drive out of town, where he wasn't going to be a problem for anyone, any more. He wasn't very cooperative when I picked up the Haveaheart to carry him off. He was a lot more cooperative when I "set him free".

I seriously hope it was not alive when he came out of the trap.

• Haha
Reactions: jsr and glennasher1

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

My brother used to live in Jefferson City and he had more **** problems than someone that lived in the country. He didn’t want some nosey neighbor turning him in so before he started trapping them he called the game warden for Cole county and he said he could trap them but they had to be released unharmed. He said he got some nasty looks from people when he was turning them loose. He wouldn’t drive out of town he just would go a couple miles and turn them loose in another neighborhood!!!

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
My brother used to live in Jefferson City and he had more **** problems than someone that lived in the country. He didn’t want some nosey neighbor turning him in so before he started trapping them he called the game warden for Cole county and he said he could trap them but they had to be released unharmed. He said he got some nasty looks from people when he was turning them loose. He wouldn’t drive out of town he just would go a couple miles and turn them loose in another neighborhood!!!
I don't make MY problems someone else's problems. Nuff said. If I just turned him loose in another neighborhood, it would be about six miles down the road, in the mall's parking lot. If it wanted to get back here, it would have to cross a super-busy highway, and a spitload of streets, in a Kentucky town, where running down anything with hair is a state sport rivalling basketball.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
I'd be scared to let a live one out of a haveahart trap. Afraid the damn thing would run up my leg
They fuss and cuss, but when that door opens, they haul it outa there as fast as they can.

Go back and read the first two sentences of my last post, though, and read between the lines..............................

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I don't know of any agent that would want them released unharmed. They realize there are way too many hence the expanded season.
John. That was 10 years ago and trapping season wasn’t in. Furbearer's don’t get the respect now that hides aren’t worth anything so things probably have changed in the MDC circle.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,621 Posts

It's best to take them swimming in that trap before releasing them. They only swim for a few minutes before taking a nap, then they're safe to release.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
NIP IT! NIP IT IN THE BUD!

Gotta catch them when they're young, so they don't learn bad habits.
Peaked cap Cap Military person Tie Sleeve

21 - 40 of 42 Posts