Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a family trip to the White River in Arkansas. This was the trip my dad had planned for the family just before passing away. We went, had a good time and I caught trout each day I was there. I spent a lot more time with the family than with the fish though. It didn't take long to see why dad liked that area so much. Memorial weekend and it was still peaceful and beautiful. It was a long drive, but well worth it. :wave:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Welcome back. White river is a dandy and in some pretty country. :)

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by beanpile
used to have a blast on the white river..grandparents lived in Cotter..them wewre good times..sure your dad woulda been happy that ya'all went
Don't know a lot about the area, but we stayed in a cabin with a campground there across the river from Cotter. They just fixed up the boat ramp near the rope swing swimming hole. Pretty nice area.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Some real nice country down there!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah I stayed at Buffalo City over spring break and had the pleasure of using my new waders :). It is a great place to trout fish, my favorite and amazing scenery. Too bad the road to get there was made about the same time the river was being formed..those of you who have driven there know what I mean too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.