Whiskey guys

Discussion in 'Giggles and Grins........... (OPT IN)' started by Cedar Thicket, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

I bet you bought that off a guy who plays a wood flute and wears sandles 24/7 and made it out of his parents basement.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    It probably isn't nearly as girly to drink Zima out of a mason jar. :D

3. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

Step one: Make moonshine
    Step two: Add slice of peach'

Done and done.

4. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Scott Aka Hoyt Hunter is a big Zima fan from what his brother tells me....

But, he's from up North, and I hear those guys will drink anything if they think there is alcohol in it.:rolleyes:

5. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I've had a few nights in my life, where if I donated a urine sample the next morning, you probably couldn't tell the difference.:wave:

6. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    That explains the Corona at the cabin. Minnewegains are an odd lot.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, if you are making moonshine and it is 2.3% alcohol, you are not doing it right.

8. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    You would think, most moonshine drinkers are looking for more kick.

But, you would also think most moonshine drinkers aren't really interested in a peachy aftertaste either..... :shrug:

9. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

If it's only 2.3%, then I am over estimating my alcohol tolerance. :wave:

10. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

Do you know a lot of moonshine drinkers?

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    The picture I posted may or may not be about 55% by volume... I may or may not have proofed it personally Saturday at about 110.

12. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    More than you would think...... Heck, they sell it at Schnucks now, what's the big deal?:D

13. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    The stuff Todd left at the Cabin last year was pretty potent.

It ended up getting consumed at the Ole Miss -vs- Mizzou game down in the Grove. Let's just say it warmed things up a bit. My bottle of Makers only lasted about 15 minutes. :mad:

14. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

Prove it. I want to see you drink some and light it on fire. Post a video. :wave:

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Are you saying that the guy making the shine you are talking about isn't yielding over 100proof?

There is nothing to prove, it is what it is. And 110 isn't all that high, it was towards the heel of the batch.

I'd be very disappointed with 5 proof after going through all the trouble, hypothetically of course.

16. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

Did you cut it?

In all seriousness most old timers I knew down south of Des Arc would cut it with sun tea. I've done that with sweet tea and it's pretty dangerous drink combo. I don't know anybody who actually enjoys drinking straight moonshine. I can handle a swig here and there but not drinking straight out of the jar.

Kind of like my Dad's cough medicine. I could handle a swig of this stuff but you can't sit there and sip it.

[​IMG]

17. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

If you thought I was serious, well, I expected more out of you. :wave:

18. Chew

Chew Member's member

Feb 15, 2012
    Parts Unknown

The "Moonshine Challenge"!

Maybe we can get this one to take off on MWT since people are dodging the ice bucket challenge.

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    No because what he is proposing is a ridiculous waste of a lot of hard work.

20. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Nope, as people walked into our little setup in the Grove, they were greeted with the open jar, and told to take a hit.:D