Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
5001 - 5020 of 5036 Posts

·
Registered
21,217 Posts
Had a glass of van winkle 15 year this evening.

Its pretty good
Not aftermarket price good
But I’d pay double MSRP good
You celebrating something John, or just showing off? :D

Reactions: beanpile

·
Crossbow supporter
32,060 Posts
You celebrating something John, or just showing off? :D
knew this place had it last time I went.
Told myself next time I went I’d be having a glass.
Finished up summer school Friday so decided to treat myself.

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
well poop. Son goes in to the LS that had a "bunch" of Blantons seems that "bunch" was 2 but they were gone. Price Point being $85 seems they do get it on a regular basis so they must have pretty good flow.

I was hoping for one of those Muscle Car in a barn kinda finds.

·
Crossbow supporter
32,060 Posts
It’s good to have friends. Buddy brought me some good stuff back from his trip to Kentucky.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,707 Posts
Still doin the Rebel 100 for $18.Been hard to find in my area,WCP had 3 on the shelf,love this wheater for the $

Reactions: HEAVY

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Had to go to Wisconsin for a funeral so checked a place that has done me well in the past.

Bad news, nothing I was looking for this time and told they are going out of business. Kind of sucks because I’ve had good luck there most trips but……since they were going out of business everything left was 25% off so grabbed a few necessities.

·
Registered
21,217 Posts
Had to go to Wisconsin for a funeral so checked a place that has done me well in the past.

Bad news, nothing I was looking for this time and told they are going out of business. Kind of sucks because I’ve had good luck there most trips but……since they were going out of business everything left was 25% off so grabbed a few necessities.
View attachment 221889
Good way to make the best out of the situation. (y)

Reactions: jsr

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
so I just got a call from a buddy that he and his son were doing some genealogy search but stopped in Bardstown KY. for the nightI told him if he found some Wellers to give me a call lol so he stopped at an LS
William Laru (sp?)Weller $995,
Weller CYOB $1100,
W12 $300.
WSR 1.75 $150
Blantons..$500

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Kentucky has a law allowing resale of booze. It was meant to allow old, extinct bottles to exchange hands legally, but has turned into a flippers dream. Bet you could talk them down to $900 on the WLW...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If anyone is wanting to try a good (and cheap) rye whiskey, try this... it won our Bourbon Club's "Bottom of the Barrel" tasting this year. We sip blind, and the pours are 4 bottles <$25 and one top shelf. This year, the JD Rye barely beat Whistle Pig 10 yr. They were way above ****el (MGP) rye, Old Overholt, and Jim Beam Rye, in that order.

Attachments

·
Part-time malcontent
7,206 Posts
so I just got a call from a buddy that he and his son were doing some genealogy search but stopped in Bardstown KY. for the nightI told him if he found some Wellers to give me a call lol so he stopped at an LS
William Laru (sp?)Weller $995,
Weller CYOB $1100,
W12 $300.
WSR 1.75 $150
Blantons..$500

·
Part-time malcontent
7,206 Posts
If anyone is wanting to try a good (and cheap) rye whiskey, try this... it won our Bourbon Club's "Bottom of the Barrel" tasting this year. We sip blind, and the pours are 4 bottles <$25 and one top shelf. This year, the JD Rye barely beat Whistle Pig 10 yr. They were way above ****el (MGP) rye, Old Overholt, and Jim Beam Rye, in that order.
How do you think the Old Forrester rye would compare? I’m not a big rye guy but that’s been my favorite rye so far.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

I may have to look into this since I have been on a Rye kick lately. Have you tried the Single barrel Rye? I have seen that around also.

·
1,570 Posts
Had a run for work, Wichita from STL, had some time to kill today so took some back roads and found a few souvenirs after a few stops. I met a bud in and KC and gave him some Buffalo Trace I found (he loves it), he gave me the Very Old Barton bottle he grabbed from KY a while back, the rest are from the wild at retail. Cheers!
IMG_1626400415.248875.jpg

5001 - 5020 of 5036 Posts