Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

4821 - 4840 of 4890 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,078 Posts
My second was an Elijah Craig single barrel that I picked up a few weeks back. It's tasting pretty good and I may have to get another.
Decided to finish the evening with BT. 🥃

·
Registered
21,058 Posts
Decided on Wild Turkey pour last night in appreciation of the Whiskey's namesake. I know some on here have mentioned this whiskey is underrated, I agree.
And thank you turkey gods for smiling upon me yesterday. I don't take hunting for that wonderful bird for granted. It is special to me, and that hunt was extra special.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Stepped out of comfort zone and picked up a Jack Daniel's single barrel barrel proof tonight. I was surprised how it nice it smelled on the nose. The drink was good and had a slight burn on the finish that was short. I don't pick out to many flavors normally, but over all it was nice and I have no regrets. Went on to a Henry McKenna10 year that I have had open for a while and it was very nice. Haven't had this in a while and I don't think this bottle will last much longer. Kind of wish it was still easy to find.

·
Registered
21,058 Posts
Stepped out of comfort zone and picked up a Jack Daniel's single barrel barrel proof tonight. I was surprised how it nice it smelled on the nose. The drink was good and had a slight burn on the finish that was short. I don't pick out to many flavors normally, but over all it was nice and I have no regrets. Went on to a Henry McKenna10 year that I have had open for a while and it was very nice. Haven't had this in a while and I don't think this bottle will last much longer. Kind of wish it was still easy to find.
It is amazing how fast the bourbon crush came on. I guess none of us that spend much time on this thread should be surprised that it has lasted this long. Good news is, I think I will still find good whiskey to drink at an affordable price. And we will likely have a ton of different good bourbons to try 10 years from now. 🍻

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
JD SIB BP is a very good one. Helped with a barrel pick a few month ago. Lots of banana bread notes, typically.
I did notice a bread or yeast flavor. Never really noticed banana but I will try again over the weekend. The finish didn't last as long as I thought it would for being barrel proof.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It is amazing how fast the bourbon crush came on. I guess none of us that spend much time on this thread should be surprised that it has lasted this long. Good news is, I think I will still find good whiskey to drink at an affordable price. And we will likely have a ton of different good bourbons to try 10 years from now.
Lots of good whiskey out there that can still be found.

·
just a no body
14,286 Posts
I think I figured it out.. I tried the Ice Ball or Big Square Ice Cube trick but regardless of what I had heard about melting, the ice melted too much..being our fridge is old school and we still use ice trays I tried the 1/2 full squares and that worked altho when I switched to distilled water the ice cubes would shatter.. Then I thought maybe distilled water in one of those Ice ball molds but only 1/2 full. and that works perfectly..easy to come out with the silicone mold and melting just enough to add the wanted water without diluting the drink to the point of absurdity..

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Pulled out a 1792 bottle in bond over the weekend. I forgot how much I liked it and shouldn't skip over it. Then went back and had some pours from the Toasted Elijah Craig. Man, I am currently really liking this bottle and wish I had a back up.

·
just a no body
14,286 Posts
What price tag are they putting on that store pick? Sounds intriguing!
unknown.. the regular Wheated which IMO is very good ( rivaling Widow Jane & Blantons) is in the $65 area so I would not be surprised to see it in the $75 -$80 .It no doubt will be the most ever paid for a bottle and I will undoubtedly be given "the look" from Mrs Bean as she'll be the one picking it up for me.. that being said at 112 proof it should last quite some time

·
just a no body
14,286 Posts
interestingly enough the e-mail I got said 5 yo at 112.4..oh and @jsr you got the Wheated "Whiskey" ..where the Wheated I got previously and according to the e-mail the one at my store is a Wheated "Bourbon".

The tasting notes of the bourbon are more my cup of tea where the whisky on the other hand maybe not so much

that sure could mess a guy up if one were not paying attention

4821 - 4840 of 4890 Posts