Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

4761 - 4780 of 4821 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
anybody had a Michter's Ky Bourbon??..just was given as a gift.. I'll try it tonight
I like the Michter’s but there are others I like as much or more for less $$. And yeah, Gurgs alerted us to shady business practices......

·
just a no body
14,216 Posts
I like the Michter’s but there are others I like as much or more for less $$. And yeah, Gurgs alerted us to shady business practices......
refresh my memory from what I could see from the search on here you seemed to fairly fond of it

·
Registered
32,047 Posts
refresh my memory from what I could see from the search on here you seemed to fairly fond of it
Oh, that's a long story...

Bombergers was the name of the old time Michters distillery that was part of the original Michters history. Michters was an old brand from Pennsylvania, but it hit hard times in the 70s and 80s. The legal rights to the name expired and the current owner of Michters swooped in, filed paperwork, did some legal wrangling, and presto, had a established brand, complete with the legal rights to all the history. Left the original owners out in the cold.

The original owners tried to get back in the whiskey business, and wanted to call it Bombergers. New Michters sued since it was part of their history, won, and quickly released the current Bombergers to cement their right to the name.

There are a few brands I don't buy at all, mostly due to BS back stories, false advertising, bad business practices, etc. The current Michters (and their related brands like Bombergers) is one of them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

Reactions: beanpile and 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
I enjoyed it when I had some. Other bottles have caught my attention though. Haven’t had any for quite a while.

·
just a no body
14,216 Posts
Had coupe of pours of the Michter’s while grilling some Pork Steaks. It was ok. I looked up the price range which didn't help it's case. I thought it needed some time to breathabit . A little hot for my liking. If someone gave me another bottle I'd be thankful but I won't buy it.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
Go check your LS now for the ECBP. Just delivered yesterday in KC.
Thanks for the heads up I sent them a note requesting they sent me some aside if it comes in

·
Registered
20,994 Posts
I’m not home for a day or two, can’t remember the batch. I went through one and got another which I haven’t opened. Trying to wait until I can replace it before I open it.
You expect it to disappear that fast 421? :D

Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
Alright it’s settled science. OF 100 is one of my top-tier bargain bourbons. Enjoying the heck out of it this evening - ‘smooth’ (there’s that word) at 100 proof, and rich, if not overly complex flavor. I’ll always have some on hand to enjoy without worry of replacement. Chers.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Alright it’s settled science. OF 100 is one of my top-tier bargain bourbons. Enjoying the heck out of it this evening - ‘smooth’ (there’s that word) at 100 proof, and rich, if not overly complex flavor. I’ll always have some on hand to enjoy without worry of replacement. Chers.
I defiantly keep one around at all times. It solid and worth the money in everyway.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I had all can stand and couldn't stand no more! So I did the weekly shopping and stopped at the local Grocery Store as they sell Beef Soup Bones which I get for the hound and they usually have a decent sale of a thing or two. This place OBTW was the place that had the raffle for the $100 Blantons. I'm not sure if anyone put their name in the drawing box because there is same/another bottle sitting in its place. As I walked by the display case lo and behold there is a bottle of WSR..look at the price $70.. I went blackout mad did an about face walked past the kid Liquor dept Manager tasked for the store manager and gave him a piece of my mind..passionate yet controlled opinion of the price gouging and the punk kid that they have as a Liquor Dept Manager. I then got my dog's soup bones and left to go across the street to get my Buffalo Trace'

I just got off a spring break road trip all the way to the bottom of the country. I stopped in at least a dozen different stores in TN, GA and FLA. I could not find anything I really wanted, There was none to be found other than some reasonable Baysil Hayden by the case and one bottle of eagle rare. That was it. I am fine with BT as well, but If you find something you like I would advise getting a case or 3 of it when you see it. Seems bourbon, bullets and silver are the first to suffer from inflation and scarcity similar to the seventies. In the 70's I was drinking Nehi and Faygo not bourbon. I don't think Bourbon is gonna be getting any cheaper at this point.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
I blame the ones that just buy it to resell it. I really dont see the point in that.

I will admit I have unopened bottles, but most of mine are open or will be opened when another one is empty. For example my EC Barrel Proofs. I like to finish them in order for some reason.
Yes that is a problem.

There are people who buy and sell for profit in virtually every genre. When I was trying to restore my car I ran into a lot of people that had parts that I needed and they didn’t trying to sell them for gold. Several stories on that subject.

I think there are people that have access to buying such as people who run bars that run the prices up on a lot of spirits. I was having dinner at a local restaurant a couple years ago looking at the whiskey list and the waiter told me about how the owner would stash away some bottles and resell them at exorbitant prices. I refuse to play in the secondary market.

4761 - 4780 of 4821 Posts