Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

4741 - 4760 of 4821 Posts

·
just a no body
14,216 Posts
I had all can stand and couldn't stand no more! So I did the weekly shopping and stopped at the local Grocery Store as they sell Beef Soup Bones which I get for the hound and they usually have a decent sale of a thing or two. This place OBTW was the place that had the raffle for the $100 Blantons. I'm not sure if anyone put their name in the drawing box because there is same/another bottle sitting in its place. As I walked by the display case lo and behold there is a bottle of WSR..look at the price $70.. I went blackout mad did an about face walked past the kid Liquor dept Manager tasked for the store manager and gave him a piece of my mind..passionate yet controlled opinion of the price gouging and the punk kid that they have as a Liquor Dept Manager. I then got my dog's soup bones and left to go across the street to get my Buffalo Trace.

Again a big shout out to @421sd for re opening my eyes to BT. The moment I pour it in a glass the aroma/taste is everything I want in a bourbon at a righteous price.

·
just a no body
14,216 Posts
What was their response to your dressing down Bean? $70 for WSR? Shiiiiiiiiiiiitttt......
not much except that he would "talk" with the guy. I'll drop in next week but I do not expect anything to of changed.

what does P me off a bit is that the girl across the street altho I know she's trying her best cant get a sniff of WSR or Blantons and this 2 bit Grocery store can. She does say the Xpress in Columbia pretty much hoards everything but they are not above price gouging as well

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
not much except that he would "talk" with the guy. I'll drop in next week but I do not expect anything to of changed.

what does P me off a bit is that the girl across the street altho I know she's trying her best cant get a sniff of WSR or Blantons and this 2 bit Grocery store can. She does say the Xpress in Columbia pretty much hoards everything but they are not above price gouging as well
Yeah, my local of choice is a little mom n pop and they just can't get much allocation. They do do a good job of keeping a decent selection on hand, and they keep a special bottle back for me on occasion. They did just get their very first store pick barrel in and sold out of it pretty quick. I'll do a post on it soon as it's kind of a neat bottle and pretty tasty.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
what store pick did they get? Did you do their tasting?? lol
Knob Creek 9yr. Really cool bottle. I was invited to the tasting, but something kept me from going and I didn't make it. They had other bottles for tasting as well and they set aside little sample bottles of those for me. I'm saving those for a tasting with a friend. One of them is EC 18yr which I'm highly anticipating.....

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
Finally got a bottle of Buffalo Trace! Had to stalk the delivery driver and ask him if he was delivering any to the LS he was at. In my whiskey and bourbon adventure I’ve only had Woodford Reserve and Woodford Reserve Rye. Looking forward to trying this one next.
Im surprised its that hard to find. Sams club has it pretty regular here for 22 bucks.

Reactions: beanpile

·
www.fowlfocustaxidermy.com
3,076 Posts
Im surprised its that hard to find. Sams club has it pretty regular here for 22 bucks.
For some reason it has been hard to find around me. Now granted, I wasn’t searching like crazy, but I would look each time we were in a store. The delivery driver told me it was because only so much of it is being allocated for this area. The LS lady told me that as soon as it comes in, it’s gone.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Going to a dinner tomorrow night where I've been told the bottle of choice will be Basil Hayden dark rye. Never had it. Whats your thought on it?

Reactions: beanpile

·
just a no body
14,216 Posts
For some reason it has been hard to find around me. Now granted, I wasn’t searching like crazy, but I would look each time we were in a store. The delivery driver told me it was because only so much of it is being allocated for this area. The LS lady told me that as soon as it comes in, it’s gone.
because its good and reasonably priced

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Last night I finally got around to opening the Elijah Craig toasted barrel. Seems to be pretty good and would buy another. I noticed more burn on the finish than normal but that could have just been me. Going for round 2 tonight to see if it's any different.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
Last night I finally got around to opening the Elijah Craig toasted barrel. Seems to be pretty good and would buy another. I noticed more burn on the finish than normal but that could have just been me. Going for round 2 tonight to see if it's any different.
What proof is that? I would probably buy some if I find it. I have some EC barrel proof that I really like. Wish I could find more of it as well.

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
Its not a whiskey but... anyone tried this rum? Its really good.
20210326_204011.jpg

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What proof is that? I would probably buy some if I find it. I have some EC barrel proof that I really like. Wish I could find more of it as well.
94 proof. It's their double barreled version like the Woodford Reserve double oak and Old Forester 1910.

Which ECBP do you have? I buy those every time I see them and they are really good.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,036 Posts
94 proof. It's their double barreled version like the Woodford Reserve double oak and Old Forester 1910.

Which ECBP do you have? I buy those every time I see them and they are really good.
I’m not home for a day or two, can’t remember the batch. I went through one and got another which I haven’t opened. Trying to wait until I can replace it before I open it.

4741 - 4760 of 4821 Posts