Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

3201 - 3220 of 4808 Posts

·
just a no body
14,201 Posts
question..wife left a pour in the fridge for a while..not sure but maybe over night maybe two .. but said it tasted like almost like water when she pulled it out..it was most likely her go to Kesslers 80 proof but .. does letting bourbon "breath" reduce the alcohol content??

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
question..wife left a pour in the fridge for a while..not sure but maybe over night maybe two .. but said it tasted like almost like water when she pulled it out..it was most likely her go to Kesslers 80 proof but .. does letting bourbon "breath" reduce the alcohol content??
I have only had it after a day and it had less of the alcohol vapors. Im not sure about reducing content.

·
Where'd the quail go?
242 Posts
Camped tonight in Frankfort KY. Got in too late to visit any of the local distilleries. . Leaving too early tomorrow morning to visit any either. This is the definition of poor planning. Buffalo Trace is 11 minutes from here. Woodford Reserve is even closer.
On the other hand the Cards and the Tigers did play well today.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Camped tonight in Frankfort KY. Got in too late to visit any of the local distilleries. . Leaving too early tomorrow morning to visit any either. This is the definition of poor planning. Buffalo Trace is 11 minutes from here. Woodford Reserve is even closer.
On the other hand the Cards and the Tigers did play well today.
And the liquor stores open to late on Sundays to pick something up to head home with.

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
Had the pleasure of trying this last night. YUM!

Buddies came over to discuss our upcoming elk trip and one brought a bottle of this with him. If you like whiskey you need to give this a try...... :wave:

Canadian Club Blackberry Whiskey
There must be something to that blackberry whiskey. I bought some of this tonight and will be buying more.

59140116982__3DD30967-E54F-41D3-A408-C70BD5F8F274.jpg

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,316 Posts
Pretty much full circle. This thread was started after someone sampled some blackberry whiskey roughly 5 years ago. Here we are roughly 3200 posts later. :wink4:
FWIW, I've had that blackberry whiskey and like it :tup:

Reactions: HEAVY

·
Part-time malcontent
7,027 Posts
Picked up a bottle of Jeffersons ‘very small batch’ while back and I honestly wasn’t terribly impressed with it. Buddy of mine and I went fishing this last weekend and he brought me a bottle of Jeffersons Reserve, a Dierberg store pick, ‘ very old Kentucky straight Bourbon whiskey very small batch.’ No actual age statement on the bottle so I’m not sure what qualifies as ‘very old.’

I like the reserve better than the bottle I bought for myself. It’s not bad actually....

Anybody have some of the other up-shelf Jeffersons, and are they worth the price ?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Picked up a bottle of Jeffersons 'very small batch' while back and I honestly wasn't terribly impressed with it. Buddy of mine and I went fishing this last weekend and he brought me a bottle of Jeffersons Reserve, a Dierberg store pick, ' very old Kentucky straight Bourbon whiskey very small batch.' No actual age statement on the bottle so I'm not sure what qualifies as 'very old.'

I like the reserve better than the bottle I bought for myself. It's not bad actually....

Anybody have some of the other up-shelf Jeffersons, and are they worth the price ?
I've tried all of the Jeffersons at a tasting.
Worth the price? No, not really. It was once a spectacular bourbon back before bourbon got popular. The good stuff was the result of over-production years ago, leading to great, aged bourbon being in excess, and readily available to companies that sourced bourbon. Companies like Jeffersons...

These days, the existence of available bourbon is low, let alone high quality, aged stuff. Too much good whiskey out there to chase the high priced mediocre stuff.

I've tried most bottles at this point, and find diminishing returns as price goes up. There are a lot of good budget bourbons still available these days. Just tried Old Forester 100 of the other day, at $25ish. I'd drink it over any Jeffersons available...

·
Part-time malcontent
7,027 Posts
Worth the price? No, not really....
I've tried most bottles at this point, and find diminishing returns as price goes up. There are a lot of good budget bourbons still available these days. Just tried Old Forester 100 of the other day, at $25ish. I'd drink it over any Jeffersons available...
Good info Gurgs!

Agreed on the Old Forrester 100. Honestly I have several bottles in the similar price range that I would prefer over the Jeffersons.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,027 Posts
Worth the price? No, not really.
I had been eyeballing the Jeffersons Ocean but it sure seemed awful steep at around 80 bucks in my neck of the woods and mixed reviews. Think I'll spend that 80 bucks on another bottle of Bookers.

·
Registered
20,978 Posts
First Blues hockey game of the year I poured a vodka tonic. It was a refreshing drink after a hot day cutting grass before the storm and cold front.
Colonel Taylor's seemed like the correct follow up as I watched the defending Stanley Cup champs on the ice. :trophy: That pour really hit the spot so it was followed by another generous pour.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,027 Posts
This looks like a perfect weekend supply.

View attachment 147155

Wish it were mine!
I would like to get my hands on some Pappy at retail pricing. I'm not paying flipper prices for anything.

The other three are reasonably available if your patient. Four Roses seems to be available at any decent LS.

3201 - 3220 of 4808 Posts