Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a WB put on my bow. I have noticed that the vane that goes thru the stiffer bristles on the bottom is getting a little wrinkle in them. Do you turn the arrow so that the two vanes straddle the stiffer bristles? I have only shot about 50 arrow with it and I do like it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I don't shoot a WB, but I do know that you don't shoot through the tougher/black portion of the wiskers. They are just to rest the arrow on. Rotate the fletchings so that the bottom two straddle them. Be sure that when you shoot off the arrow that it doesn't rotate enough for the fletching to hit the stiffer ones (don't know if that happens or not since I don't shoot a WB) I am sure that someone will post later if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
I just put on a WB drop tine QS last week. On the back of the package the instructions say to have your vanes passing through the brown bristles and not the black ones. The black ones are stiffer so they can hold the arrow shaft in the same position each time. The brown bristles are more flexable so the vanes will pass through more easily. I didn't know this untill I read the "hint" section on the package back. The older WB don't have the black bristles so the newer ones are more accurate than they once were. I may have lost a few feet per second on my arrow speed buy I do like the way the WB keeps my arrow nocked and ready for action. I don't have to worry about my arrow not being on my prongs or lifting bar on the drop away style rest. Now if I was really into the target shooting or even 3-D shoot I may switch to a drop away style rest. I'm contint with my WB......as of now. Time will tell. Just keep one vane pointing up and the other two left and right of the black bristles and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Yep, go to the Blazers also..they make camo vanes now...just what I need...more to camo to hide my arrows in the grass:bangin::banghead:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.