Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While were talkin\' Managed Hunts......

I thought it would be cool for people who took a deer on a managed hunt to post a pic and say which hunt they took the deer on........

I took this on the Busch Muzzleloader hunt in 2003.

It was the first and only time my group has ever been picked.....if I get picked again I will head to the same spot for sure......I saw 17 deer in the first three hours and took this 10point.

Was the 6th buck that I saw that day.

He came up on me in the worst spot for a righty....behind and to the right.......

I am kinda proud cause this was the first and only left handed shot I ever took from my climber.

He dropped like a sack of taters!

Note the neck shot........50 cal did the job fo sho!

[file]7360[/file]

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I took my first ever deer in the Busch muzzleloader managed hunt. I don't have a pic on my computer but it was a spike taken between Lake 33 and the creek that runs directly behind it. I had to drag the deer the entire length of lake 33's dam. Oh the memories...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I hope to get my first deer ever this year!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the busted tine......he was a brauler fo sho.....he had some pretty good scars on one side.

Nick.......I shot him right next to lake number..........you know.....I forgot which lake it was........I think it was number 8...............no 23..............no.........31 Oh I dont know.....it was somewhere on Busch Wildlife Refuge just past a gravel road.

Oh sorry......my wife needs me........maybe I will have time to finish up this post later on.........:D

[file]7371[/file]

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Haha, well arrow-1... maybe if we get picked you can share your spot with us. (Me, Nicholas, Danceswithboze)

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lefty...........lets see if any of us get picked then we can talk......I learned alot that weekend. I am in a group of six and I know where they all sat and what their experience was.

Of course..............it is only like a 17% chance to get drawn....the funny thing is.......when I was checking in mine at the station there was a guy there with a little basket rack 10 point who told me he had beeen picked for busch three years in a row.....whats up with that?????:confused:

OK back to the topic........lets see some managed hunt deer pics!:)

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on guys....................there has got be be somebody on here that took a deer on a managed hunt that has a pic!

Lets see em.......it will get others pumped up for that hunt if it is where they put in for.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
I want a deer!
:whinging:
:banana:
Oh man, you sir have the bug. You're gonna have 4 months to tag a deer. You just got to put in the time. And once you wrap that first tag around its leg you're gonna smell that sweet success - or else smell the entrails and guts right beside ya. Either way you'll be feeling much better.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brute of a deer Chairman!

:wink4:

·
Registered
640 Posts
We really need to go to a preference points system for the managed hunts. I have yet to ever be drawn, been trying for about 5 years or so and I have tried applying for several different places.

:frown:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Babler

Last year. Ended up taking my 2 does on Sat. morning and this guy Sunday morning.

[file]7445[/file]

·
Under appreciated
92,347 Posts
Nice deer arrow1.. congrats!

Nicholas... I thought you bought that Ross to take deer wiff?

Lets get you one this year shall we!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.