Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing some trapping starting next year and am looking to purchase some traps before then. I will do a variety of trapping and have some traps already but I do not have any large leg hold traps yet. I will want to have some leg hold traps for beaver and coyotes. My question is "Do I need # 4's or will # 3's work as well" Thanks for replies in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
#3's will work for the yotes. Bigriver has caught yotes in the MB450's which are just a souped up 1 1/2. They performed great.
Depends on what foot you want to target for a beaver. Front foot a #1 1/2 will work and back foot I would go big, #4 and up, like say a MB750.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are a lot of beaver caught every year in everything from 1 1/2's on up like CATTRAPPER said depend's on which foot you are targeting. If setting for a backfoot catch personally I wouldn't use anything smaller than a #4 and I really like the TS-85's but they are not a land trap. I realize you are wanting to pull double duty but you're better off buying a few of each for what your after. I personally run all Minnesota Brand trap's but a good Bridger #2 make's a fine coyote and bobcat trap with a modification's of course :cheers:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.