Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
The style of rest one uses in my opinion has alot to do with what type of shooting you are expecting to do. I shoot alot of 3d and hunting both, so the drop away preforms best for me. If I was to do just hunting, I would probably use a full containment rest of some sort, or a full containment drop rest. My opinon only, but I see much better arrow flight out of just about any drop rest than the bisquit. :D

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Biscut , the only choice

·
Registered
12,669 Posts
Biscuit for now since I don't shoot 3d very much. When and if I get into 3d seriously, I will switch over to a drop away though. :cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
If its for hunting Steve, its WB ALL THE WAY. A couple years ago, you would have NEVER convinced me of that. I've seen the light! :D

Parker

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
If you are just hunting, not shooting serious 3D. There is no reason not to use a biscuit. They never fail.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I have one of the newer fall away / full containment hybrids made by Tri Van....it truly is one of the best full containment, zero effect rests on the market. The only thing people who don't have one gripe about is "too many moving parts" I agree, but plan on putting this one to the test to see how many shots it takes before a failure to open, so far it's been flawless.

http://www.midatlanticarchery.com/tri-van-vanishing-archery-rest.php

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1484856&tid=103741&author=Trad-hunter]Off the shelf![/rquote]

No mechanical failures, eh!!!!:cheers::wave:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,924 Posts
I've been using the WB for quite some time with no complaints and have been thinking about a drop away or the Tri-Van rest.

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
On my hunting rig I got a Trophy Taker Full Containment
I use the TTFC or a prong rest for 3D or sometimes a limb driver rest

I like trying new stuff so I may explore new rest in 2010???

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
[rquote=1484860&tid=103741&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1484856&tid=103741&author=Trad-hunter]Off the shelf![/rquote]

No mechanical failures, eh!!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

Did I see a rest on that wheelie bow Brad??:whistle:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
[rquote=1484860&tid=103741&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1484856&tid=103741&author=Trad-hunter]Off the shelf![/rquote]

No mechanical failures, eh!!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote] Thats right! K.I.S.S.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1484868&tid=103741&author=Refuze2falo][rquote=1484860&tid=103741&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1484856&tid=103741&author=Trad-hunter]Off the shelf![/rquote]

No mechanical failures, eh!!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

Did I see a rest on that wheelie bow Brad??:whistle:[/rquote]

Yup, QAD, full containment fall away!!! But, I gots more shelves than rests....I spill food on one every day....LOL:rof2::wave:

·
Registered
12,669 Posts
[rquote=1484601&tid=103741&author=MellerAM]If you are just hunting, not shooting serious 3D. There is no reason not to use a biscuit. They never fail.[/rquote]

That's not totally true. My buddy had a really old biscuit and his arrow was falling down into the bristles when he would shoot. It caused him to miss a doe. He replaced it though and it's good as new. He should have replaced it years ago though so can't really blame the biscuit. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts