Which Release?

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by membergone, Feb 23, 2006.

1. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    I shoot a Carters Chocolate Addiction.

Why? Because it's the best.

:cheers:

I would like to expound Mike but that's the reason. It's the smoothest, most highly adjustable back tension/trigger type release out there.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Well I'am an old finger shooter, so when I bought a release (8 years ago) I went with an old Hot Shot release. It's not a wrist release but is triggered by my thumb and has a rope rather that a clip on.

With a rope I have no wear on my string or pinch on the arrow and a nice smooth release. Like I said I have had this same one for 8 years, and have had no thoughts of changing.

MoBowman ```----------->

3. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    MoBowman! that is an awsome old release! I shot hundreds of 300's with one of those things back in the old days before I went high tech with a Pridgen release. They were awsome for what, $29.99? :cheers:

Wrist strap caliper releases were the worst thing to ever be invented in archery. They have caused more target panic in more people and have more people shooting them wrong than shoot them right.

4. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I've only shot one in my archery career and it's a Winn Free flight. Don't remember why I chose it, but it's like a part of my hand now when I grab my bow.

5. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I shoot a Scott's Lil Goose, because I forgot my Tru-Fire X-Caliper about eight years ago and lost it after that on purpose. I borrowed one from a guy at the Pro Shop because I left my Tru-Fire at home and ended up buying one that night. I know own three Lil Geese. I keep one in my fanny pack and have another one because I got a good deal. I like the leather buckle strap (no loud velcro) and how smooth they work with a d-loop.

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Scott release. It is either called a Wolf or a Shark, I can't remember. It has two jaws that move independently of each other.

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Me too!:dancin:

But I'm only a "Hunter" bowshooter, no back tension release for me..... The only time I shoot is for fun/practice, or when I'm aimin to kill something.

8. gmbellew

gmbellew Member

Jan 10, 2005
    KCMO
    i shoot a loesch wrist strap back tension release.

i like it alot :banana:

9. buckarooboy

buckarooboy New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Release

I have used a Scott Itty Bitty Goose for awhile. I have had excellent luck with it.

10. deer_slayer

deer_slayer New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    High Ridge, MO
    I used to use a Scott Shark, now I shoot the Scoot Little Goose. I like it's compact size and the leather buckle strap instead of velcro. Both are really smooth releases.

:eek:

11. Porkchopsandwiches

Porkchopsandwiches New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    I really like my Tru-Fire Hurricane...

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Is this a Pridgen that I would know DSG.. I was unaware of this release.

13. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah. It's Deans signature release rat. Fail Safe made them for several years. They were also called the "annie rue" early on. There was a thumb model and a little finger pull model. I had one that I bought from Dean hiimself that was one he was shooting, my god it was smooth. It had been pulled apart and polished. I lost it somewhere over the years, either that or it's in my Mom and Dads house somewhere. Sure wish I stilll had it, I'd be shooting it!

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thats what I figured... that brings back some memories for sure but I didnt know he had made or was making releases. neat stuff.

15. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah.....in fact Dean is still in archery. I talk to him occasionaly. He is a member over on Archery Talk. He goes by X's4me

You PM him and I guarantee you he'll respond. A true gentelman.
    :cheers:

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Dad mentioned that he sees him occasionally. Seems like a lifetime ago for me...

sorry to hijack the thread :bangin:

17. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Me too :smiley:

To get it back on topic. Dean Pridgen (one of the winningest spot shooters in history) shoots a Carter Target 3. :D

18. Lynette

Lynette Member

Oct 18, 2005
    I have a cobra ez adjust release.

19. MO Boy

MO Boy New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    pettis county
    I have shot a bunch of the darn things, all wrist straps. I think DSG is right about them causing target panic, at least in my case. Right now I am shooting a TRU Ball BT Gold 3 finger back tension. I am still having a little trouble with jerking the release but I'm gettin' better.:bangin::banghead:

MO Boy:wave:

20. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    Tru ball, I tried it at an archery shop and it felt right and has worked pretty well for me.