Which one and model, a new shotgun or Bow!

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Nicholas, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Which one and model, a new shotgun or Bow! Wife/CFO says one or the other. Good thing is it is my choice. I am thinking Beretta or Bowtech! Any thoughts folks! No, I do not need either one but it is the new 2006 season and the models are out!
    :dancin:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Personally, I think you will get more use and enjoyment out of a bow than you would a shotgun. But thats just me, I'am a nut about archery. Which model.....well that's an age old question, get out and shoot em all and then decide. Good Luck

MoBowman ```---------->

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    AMEN!!! I personally just bought a bowtech and love it. As far as your decision, go out, shoot a bunch, and decide!

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    For me it would have to be a bow.:cheers:

Jack

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Double that amen.. recent bowtech convert here too, and happily so! :wave:

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    WOW, it looks like Bows are where it is. I do have a 3D deer in the back, decisions!

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    We shoot every tuesday here in Olivette... let me know when (if) you get that bow and youre welcome to join us!:wave:

8. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Thank you for that as well!!! That is only 15 miles from my house....

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Beware though.. you might be converted to traditional archery after messing with us guys!!

10. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
  11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Stick and string, my friend... stick and string.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
  13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea.. I still shoot compounds over there but my friend is strictly traditional and shoots a longbow mainly. He has 7 or so recurves and couple longbows. I have two recurves also. You are welcome to shoot with us anytime!

14. Rat where at in olivette,my main office is in olivette

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'm near warson road and Olive. Where's your office? Maybe a lunch meet n greet someday is in order?

16. n. price and olive ,work all the time up at ballas,maybe a hive lunch is in order

17. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Now you're talkin....!!!

Nicholas, like others have said, you'll probably get more use/enjoyment from that bow....you've already answered your own question....you have a deer target in your back yard....you can shoot your bow at home, probably better not shoot a shotgun out back!!! Get the bow, you'll love it!!! Better yet, forget the trainin wheels, and buy a TRAD bow...hehehe. Archery as it was meant to be!!!

18. doublelung

doublelung New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Pipe now your talkin'. The Hive is the only thing close to a tavern in the area. I work at Olive and Mason.

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Pipe and doublelung.. we can meet at the hive anytime... just let me know!

20. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Hive, don't forget me! Just because I do not work doesn't mean I do not have money for the Hive!