Which Muzzle Loader?

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Nicholas, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Ok folks, I have the money, I have the CFO permission, now I would like your advice please. If you had $300.00, and only $300.00 out the door, for a Muzzle Loader which would you get and why? Let me know and I will be very greatful!
    :wave:

2. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I have a CVA optima pro magnum that I bought for less than $300. For the money, I believe it is one of the best muzzleloaders on the market. It has been field tested and kcraider approved, if ya know what I mean.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    I do know what you mean sir! Thank you!

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Buy that Knight from the other thread, you won't be sorry on workmanship, or how it shoots....I have 3 of em, and love em all!!!!! Go buy it, and come back, so we can help ya spend more money on accessories!!!!!!!!!!

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well I'm sure a few members on here will recommend a White Muzzleloader...

More info. will follow I'm sure!

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I have a CVA Optima A great rifle at a great price

7. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    I have seen the Optima starting at $239.00 at BPS and Cabela's. Lefty, what about the White? Do you shoot that?

8. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
  9. For $300 I think you can get the black/blue Thompson Center Omega.

That would definitely be my pick of the litter.

Don't count out the CVA Kodiaks though. VERY NICE!

10. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    $299.99 for starting Omega! Nice?

11. ladeerman

ladeerman Active Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Laccassine, LA
    I have noticed that CVA has bumped their prices up a little from last year. I shot one last season and loved it (I had borrowed it). I THINK I'LL BUY ONE FOR NEXT SEASON!

12. runner

runner New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Lyman trade rifle.

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I luv my optima... BUT be careful.. the front sight is junk..

14. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Well the deal on the Knight Underclocked had for sale is hard to beat. The Knight is Made in America and they use Green Mountain barrels made with American proofed steel. The CVA rifles have barrels Made in Spain.

Jack

15. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    of course .....you should buy my Elite. :rotfl:

16. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Think Elite! So many choices now!

17. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well I'm at school right now and the link won't work for me, but I think the website for White is---or so google tells me: http://www.whiterifles.com

Give them a look. I don't shoot one, or have a muzzleloader for that matter, but I've never heard a bad thing about them!
    There are a few members on here that shoot them, and I'm very suprised they haven't commented yet... I guess the White faithful on the board are a little slow so far...:pop:

18. deer-hunter

deer-hunter New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Just recently found out that Mossberg offers a .50 cal muzzleloader barrel for their model 500 12 gauge pump shotgun. It takes 209 primers and has rifle sights on it, that's about all I know about it. The price is about $120. If you happen to have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge already, that may be an inexpensive way to get into muzzleloading. If you don't have the Mossberg, you can buy a new 500 12 gauge for about $200 and have a nice turkey, clay pigeon, rabbit, and coyote shotgun and put the muzzleloader barrel on for deer season.
    Has anyone here heard anything good or bad about these Mossberg muzzleloader barrels? I'm thinking of buying one as a backup gun. I shoot a CVA Magnum 150 which seems just fine for under $300 with all accesories and loads to get started. :cheers:

19. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    "all these resident M/L-ing Pro's" :hysterical: Mike, I just got that. :hysterical:

Lefty, I'm not selling a White. :rotfl:

But, if ya wanna look at Whites, go to Doc's site: http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

20. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Nope ~ just don't want for folks to think we're beatin' 'em over the head with the White's...

If you don't own one, it's hard to explain.

If you do own one, no explanation necessary... :banana: