Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im planning to retire the mossy 935 to turkey only.. Why? Tooooo heavy to hold all day long in da water n what not.

My other semi autos are a winchester 1400... too small, and browning auto-5 20 guage, too nice..

Going to need to get me a new duck whackin machine..

If you were in the market for a new one, and it would be an auto, which one would you go with and why?

Im currently thinking either:

a. Benelli SBEII
2. Beretta Extrema II

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I got one of those 935 for duck hunting a few years back and don't use it but once or twice a year. Actually I only use it if I go to Grand Pass.
My #1 choice is my 11-87. I can't say I have ever shot a gun that shoulders and shoots they way mine does. Almost makes it easy b/c I just don't miss with it. I would take it with me to the Pass as well but I don't want to drop it in the water b/c it doesn't have the camo paint job on it. Probably in the next year or 2 I am going to trade the 935 for another 11-87. This time it will be camo and maybe even 31/2".
Also they are 1/2 the price of a SBEII

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Rebel...my bro in law has been shootin a Benelli super black eagle for a loooong time...kills turkey, ducks, geese and who knows what else...Prolly shoots hundreds if not thousands of rounds out of that gun in a years time....They are built to last!!! He buys guns to use, and if he can't wear one out, it can't be done!!!!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
oh dave, if you are going to get a new duck whackin gun then i must say the remington 11-87 is a very nice gun. don't know much about the benelli except the nova which people either seem to love or hate. will probably be taking my 11-87 a few times around here. of course can't ever give up the 870. that thing can double as a boat paddle, dog beater, crutch and after i hit the ground from chasing a dog chasing a cripple i can use it to pick myself back up. not that you ever seen that before.:bangin:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I've been using a Benelli SBE since 1992 and I love it. I haven't had much go wrong with it. Shoots real good and takes a lot of the recoil out of each shot. have a great day xx75 Billy Bridges

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
can't ever give up the 870. that thing can double as a crutch and after i hit the ground from chasing a dog chasing a cripple i can use it to pick myself back up. not that you ever seen that before.:bangin:
surely not if i was around.... :sniper::sniper::sniper: i never uhh miss :roll2:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
and after i hit the ground from chasing a dog chasing a cripple i can use it to pick myself back up. not that you ever seen that before.:bangin:
Oh the memories :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by swmo
and after i hit the ground from chasing a dog chasing a cripple i can use it to pick myself back up. not that you ever seen that before.:bangin:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'm ready-----:cheers:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Originally posted by Plasticman
Originally posted by swmo
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'm ready-----:cheers:
Here's a start Ernie, one for Dave and his first true duck hunt ;).

Sorry Dave. Shot pretty much nothing but a friends SBE last season when he won a Nova and wanted to use it for the season and I loved it. Light, smooth swinging, and shot everytime I pulled the trigger, except that one time when I didn't load it :bangin::bangin::bangin:. But for the price I think I'm stickin' w/ my 835, it's paid for and hasn't let me down either ;).

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I would vote for the beretta, best autoloader on the market in my opinion.

I would also seriously consider looking at the Franchi I-12

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
i have an 11-87 3 1/2 inch gun, pretty chunky shooting stick, but
i love it.
i've shot the benneli and it didn't hit me right, had a hard time on targets.
but then again i grew up with remingtons.
one thing about the remington super mag's in auto loader
is they will not feed light loads.i don't care what they say.
if i was going to buy another shotgun it would be a winchester
super x-2. very nice shotgun and cycles anything you throw at it.

·
Under appreciated
92,117 Posts
Originally posted by igor
if i was going to buy another shotgun it would be a winchester
super x-2. very nice shotgun and cycles anything you throw at it.
Igor.. you are wise indeed. :wave:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I probably have had my 11-87 for 5 years now and havn't had a bit of problem with it. It has been my #1 duck gun, the only gun I take to sporting clay tourniments and is also the gun my mrs shot her 1st turkey with it this year. Kicks out the light loads just as well as the heavy ones.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
yes, and no help, still takes a lot to cycle it.
it is an 11-87 super magnum.
don't get me wrong i love that gun but she
sure is fickle.likes em heavy, which is just fine
for waterfowl, turkeys, and crows.
for bunnys and birds i'll take my 1100 in 20 ga
its light, pretty and gets the job done.
man oh man that super x-2 is one nice shotgun.
if you havn't shot one, do yourself some justice
and try one.

Originally posted by Center Punch
Hey igor - Did you get the free set of gas chamber bushings for that gun that Remington said would alieviate that problem?

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Center Punch
Dave- Whats the reason for the high dolla wants
Theres no real "reason" why the high dollar... just heard so much bout the benelli's and beretta's figured i might give er a try?? Sold a few of my gizmos and gadgets and have a bit of change rollin round my pocket and decided to get a waterfowl only gun..

Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
New waterfowling gun reb? Only one choice. 870 (preferably a Wingmaster, used, $275, 28" bbl, screw in chokes.) Next.
Ditto as CP said.. i have an 870.. just doesnt fit me well.. short and fat..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.