Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

What kind of CCW do you have?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many have their CCW, and for those that do, what type? Resident or Non-Resident.

If you answered non-resident, which state?

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Florida for me.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for the NSA...
If the NSA wants this info, they aren't going to scan forums like this for it. They'll hack the databases that contains all the info you submitted to get your CCW.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't you get in more trouble if you are having a road sodie if you have your ccw, regardless if you have a gun on you or not?
They won't know I have a CCW if I don't have a gun on me. That's why you don't put your CCW on your Driver's license.

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
Don't ask Don't tell
First rule about fight club

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
They won't know I have a CCW if I don't have a gun on me. That's why you don't put your CCW on your Driver's license.
Missouri doesn't do that any more. The Dept of Revenue took heat for distributing the list of ccw holders. Now your local sheriff aproves and issues the id cards.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't matter if it is on your DL, the MULES system will flag you as a CCW holder regardless of whether you have it on the DL or a separate card.
I don't think Florida CCWs are in MULES. Not sure about other states.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Wrong, as soon as they run your license they know, and they don't even give you the option of putting it on your license anymore. It's a separate permit, issued at the sheriffs office.:wave:

·
19,117 Posts
Michigan Leo's know the moment they run your license, there is no don't ask don't tell, i have been pulled over 4 times and declared each time, each officer was OK with it did not have any freakouts, each 1 thanked me for letting them know, and went about there business, been lucky no tickets in the last 4 pullovers

·
Registered
19,247 Posts
A friend of mine (MO resident) licensed through Utah 4 or so yrs ago. The main reason was to get away from the licence plate/ccw link. I don't believe that MO residents can ccw through Utah anymore.

If/when I'm pulled over I simply tell them if I'm carrying or not. Always had a good response from leo. But I always shut the ignition off, roll down the window and expose my hands holding my keys before they get out of their cruiser.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Missouri doesn't do that any more. The Dept of Revenue took heat for distributing the list of ccw holders. Now your local sheriff aproves and issues the id cards.
Wrong, as soon as they run your license they know, and they don't even give you the option of putting it on your license anymore. It's a separate permit, issued at the sheriffs office.:wave:
I think Mule said the exact same thing above. I have a Florida CCW, so I don't think that's the case.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,611 Posts
If I ever did have a weapon in the vehicle, which I do or don't. I wouldn't tell anyone that I did or didn't because it's not of their darn business.

It's called Concealed Carry, not Tell Darrel and his other Brother Darrel I'm carrying a gun.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I ever did have a weapon in the vehicle, which I do or don't. I wouldn't tell anyone that I did or didn't because it's not of their darn business.

It's called Concealed Carry, not Tell Darrel and his other Brother Darrel I'm carrying a gun.
You get a rooster crowing at you, you might reveal then!

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
I think Mule said the exact same thing above. I have a Florida CCW, so I don't think that's the case.
Yes he did, MO has one of the most widely accepted CCW permits in the country, might be worth it go get theirs...:wave:

·
Deadeye
6,008 Posts
Today it does not make a difference if its on your license
or not, they call you in and the computer tells them.

·
Deadeye
6,008 Posts
Don't you get in more trouble if you are having a road sodie if you have your ccw, regardless if you have a gun on you or not?
Only if you have a loaded gun with you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts