WHICH BOW

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by VERNETA, Mar 2, 2006.

1. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    I am out looking to buy a new/used bow BUT there are soooo many of them I just can not make up my mind- I love Mathews - just can't justify the price ! HOYT is Good & I like PSE & MARTIN ! Is there some way or some advise that someone could give ? Money should not be an issue but as everyone knows it is an issue ! HELP !!

2. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Picking a bow is really about personal preference. The only suggest that I will give, and most others on here, is to take the time and shoot as many bows as you can. Once you find one that suits you, buy it! This may take awhile with that list that you got, but in the end it will be worth the "research".

PLUS--- it is always nice to have an excuse to visit the bow shops! :dancin:

3. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Find a shop that you feel comfortable with. Not just a good deal, but one you can go back to, share pics with, get advice and get the service you will need later on.
    :wave:

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    exactly...don't worry about the name on the bow just worry about how well it fits you.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Once you decide what you want, check out the classifieds on Archerytalk.com. you may just find that Mathews that your looking for. Most of the guys there are selling because they are upgrading. And prices are reasonable

MoBowman ```---------->

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Thanks for the info folks. I am looking for bow for my son.

7. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    Thanks for all the advise I really do appreciate it / it is great to be able to get on the computer & get help ! THANK YOU !

8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Thanks for that link CP............:cheers:

9. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    yep cp thats a good link but now i am more confused than i ever was.i may just give up and shoot mine for another year:rotfl:

10. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    Look at the Fred Bear /Golden Eagle line, and Parker. It doesn't have to be a Mathews to be good.
    :cheers:
    Find a closeout deal at Archeryexperts.com or a good used bow on archerytalk.com

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    So CP.. your bow came in the mail ready to shoot? Did you have to make any adjustments, other than the sight pins course..

I have been tempted before to try this route but I really like dealing person-to-person..

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread but your input can be of use to Vern also.. just wanted to get your thoughts on how everything went going this route. :wave:

12. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    One word: HOYT!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Exactly! Thank you sir!

14. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    CP , GREAT CITE GETTING TONS OF INFO ! THNX !!