Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which base and rings do you recommend for an encore muzzleloader? I'm leaning towards getting quick detach Leupold base and rings - medium. (Cabelas - $45 base, $25 rings). Will I need the hammer extender for a 40mm scope? THANKS gg

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, wrong place. Could a mod. please post this in the muzzleloader or gun forum?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I just went econo! $49 Bushnel 3-9 with universal mounts. Shot it yesterday and so far :eek:

·
Registered
553 Posts
The medium rings will work just fine on a 40mm and no you won't need the hammer extension. It's a little tight if you are wearing big gloves but it can be done without having it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm sure this is old news for you but its a lesson I learned from expierience so I'll pass it along.

Hammer extendors on the Encore are a touchy thing. Without beefing up the spring the extra wieght of a hammer extendor can lead to missfires--just keep this in mind.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
I'm sure this is old news for you but its a lesson I learned from expierience so I'll pass it along.

Hammer extendors on the Encore are a touchy thing. Without beefing up the spring the extra wieght of a hammer extendor can lead to missfires--just keep this in mind.
Not old news at all. This will be only my second season with the encore/muzzleloader and it might be my first year with a scope. So any advice is appreciated. :)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I am shooting a mount made by T/C and rings made by Knight that used to be on a Disc Rifle but work great on my Encore (all stainless). Topped with a Leupould VX1 3x9x40 on my Encore and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.