Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, SHEDHEAD has the REALLY awesome pictures of the good deer, but Shoal Creek was able to put some meat on the table, so I'll show some of those pictures first. :cheers: Smithville Lake youth hunt.

We saw a total of 29 deer in one day's sit. Very few of them were shot opportunities, but we watched wildlife ALL DAY.

Geese, ducks, turks, coyote trying to catch a squirrel to eat, eagles......oh yeah.....and a couple deer. :D

Here's the doe he took in the AM. Dropped her in her tracks.

Parker

[file]44781[/file]

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:bowing:Nice one

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So.....we broke for lunch, headed in to town to wash out the doe at my brother's, and came back to base to see what was going on. Four deer were on the ground for about 25 hunters in the AM.

Then, the PM came. There were still LOTS and LOTS of geese and mallets to watch, but naps were needed!

A few turkeys came around to check us out, but the deer were scarce up until the last half-hour, which was expected this time of year.

Parker

[file]44784[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by timmytaters17
Hey Parker where was the hunt
Whoops! I edited my intro! SMITHVILLE! You know the place? :D :rof2: :rock:

Parker

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:rock: Very Kool

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Atta boy, way to show the old man how to get er done.:claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So then.....the sun finally made its introduction to the horizon for the evening.

The woods to our south CAME ALIVE! I kept trying to point out movement to Shoal, but as you can imagine, my head was sitting up a little further than his. :D

There were deer and turkey moving EVERYWHERE, and they were all heading our direction.

The first deer to enter the field was a buck. Luckily, there was a strategically grown cedar tree that he stepped behind at about 120 yards where Shoal could get his gun ready!

His barrel and scope was trained on the cedar tree waiting for the buck to emerge from the other side. When he did, I was able to see through my bino's that he needed to take a ride in our truck. :D

Parker

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
His barrel and scope was trained on the cedar tree waiting for the buck to emerge from the other side. When he did, I was able to see through my bino's that he needed to take a ride in our truck. :D

Parker
:pop::pop::pop:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The shot was taken, and here was his resulting look.

ANOTHER DIRT NAP! :sniper: :rock:

A LOT of deer ran away. I mean a LOT! But the targeted buck HIT THE GROUND.

OH.....oh......oh......did I mention he had a guide with him that had a VECtor strategically placed around his neck so it could be used to stop the trotting buck for the shot?! (Yes.....its Mom's famous PINK CALL, but it worked GOOD.) He put on the brakes FAST.

Parker

[file]44791[/file]

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Sounds like a great hunt, but where is the rest of that last story:stickfight::stickfight:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
This is the second time tonight I've had to say this. "I used to know a girl like you, & she wasn't very popular either"

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:D :rock: The excitement mounted as we watched the buck lay there, but needed to stay in our spot so SHEDHEAD Jr. (in the next blind down in the same field) had her opportunity at a good buck! :rock:

We waited about 40 minutes before we got to approach the buck to see what we had in da bag.

Meanwhile (while Shoal was tagged OUT) others came by to check out the scene!

Parker

[file]44792[/file]

1 - 20 of 85 Posts