Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were given a deed to 600 acres of your choice anywhere in the state of Missouri, what county or region would you choose? What would it look like - crop/timber/pasture/topography/water? Would you live on the place, or do you want it isolated as possible?

This is not meant to be political, although all liberal responses will be appropriately criticized.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
swmo because it is home. the land would be split, crop, timber and water and yes i would have a house put up on it. thank you that is all.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
First, give me the 600 acres and I'll tell you!

Prolly Adair County.. was bornt there and would like to own there sometime.

·
just a no body
15,516 Posts
up around macon, randolph , chariton, linn county areas. A medium sized log house or earth contact, Barn for the Mule & Horse

Big deer , good birds of all sizes ..stocked ponds ='s paradise:dancin:

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
SW Adair Co, contiguous to my current home place. I wouldn't want to move any where else. 'Tis heaven!:dancin:

:mad2: I wish I had known Booches was supplying deeds because the 4600 acres to the north of me just sold. I would have loved to get a section of that place.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
600 acres in Town and Country?

Hmmm..

·
Registered
754 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
Originally posted by Mark Twain
Aint gonna say because I already hunt there and I don't need anymore competition. :dancin:
But you'll name Conservation Areas all day long now won't you... who cares if Folks use the Internet instead of their feet.:roll2:

Anyway.... Town and Country. Just a little quiet town a ways from St. Louis. Both for quiet hunting and investment purposes.
Nope. Private property. :wave:

Hunting is illegal in Town and Country, BTW.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Originally posted by rat
600 acres in Town and Country?

Hmmm..
During the month of April 2006, 1 property sold in Town and Country (price $399,000; average days on market-5). There are currently 98 homes listed for sale in T&C on the MLS with an average listing price of $1,413,535.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
It is indeed...

I feel priviledged that they even let me drive by those houses.. :bangin:

·
5,632 Posts
So name the location within the county right here on this open forum just like you think it's smart to do with the names and quality of CA's.
You won't do it because you know you'll be contributing to the increase in that area's cost.
:D
CP, you're just being difficult! Trying to start a fight? :fart:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Aint gonna say because I already hunt there and I don't need anymore competition. :dancin:
But you'll name Conservation Areas all day long now won't you... who cares if Folks use the Internet instead of their feet.:roll2:

Anyway.... Town and Country. Just a little quiet town a ways from St. Louis. Both for quiet hunting and investment purposes.
Nope. Private property. :wave:

Hunting is illegal in Town and Country, BTW.
I'd try and divert too if I had put myself in the position you have.

So name the location within the county right here on this open forum just like you think it's smart to do with the names and quality of CA's.
You won't do it because you know you'll be contributing to the increase in that area's cost.
:D
I've hunted plenty of public areas in the past and have named most of them. I hunt on mostly private property now.

Are you still pissed about that thread a while back where an out of towner asked about places to go? Get over it. If you don't like sharing information on a public forum, then stop coming here.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Let me know the next time you're doing that. I'm around the corner from there, but that corner is where they still allow RV's to be on the residence...
:banghead:

Say... what ever happened to the arrow shooting night stuff? You can take it to U2U level if you like.
:cheers:
U2U on the way...

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Well... land in Norther MO would proly be my main interest, but land in East Central MO would be more than fine for me.

Let's see... 600 acres (*Changed a bit since I saw some things I liked better!):
- Nice house with a pole shed (give or take for the acerage for the house)
- 50 acre stocked lake
- 150 acres CRP and crops (on the outside property lines and in the creek bottom)
- 100 acres (divided) food plots
- 300 acres mixed oak woods (two big ridges with a creek and bottom in the middle)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like Lefty's description quite a bit. I'd like part of the crop fields in a large creek bottom. County? Probably Callaway or Howard - just so I can stay close to family, although I'd also like to have ground in an area that will sustain pheasants., so I may choose some place up North.

Also, this isn't a political thread, so y'all have to stop arguing!

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
I'm totally lost but what else is new.:frown:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I'd pick a spot I know in Putnam county......or maybe Saline....
And yea, would be nice to have a house on it....could walk out the back door to your bow stand.....

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
If I was a deer... hmmm...

Youre a dangerous man fireman.. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.