Where would you hunt it?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Meller, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Here's the piece of ground I hunt. I have a stand up, but just wondering where you would hunt it? I have permission inside the red box. The light blue rectangle is beans that got flooded over and not picked and will not be plowed. The dark green is beans that are currently still in, but should be picked by rifle season, but not plowed. Everything else was corn and beans and is currently being turned under.

The blue line is a bluff face, but impossible to see the field clearly from the top.

Yellow square is my dads house and where we will depart from via 4 wheeler.

The bigger water is a small river that is impassable on foot.

Where looks like a good stand setup...and box blind on the trailer?

[file]145349[/file]

2. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    The green dots I put look like they would be good funnels for the deer. I'm sure there are others, but this stood out to me first.

[file]145354[/file]

3. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    Pretty close to what's already been posted. I love me some pinch points. Pretty much a natural area for a buck to funnel through an check both fields with his peepers and sniffer.

[file]145357[/file]

4. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    i would hunt green dots in the evening and pink dots in the morning, that thick stuff to the south looks like good bedding area

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Huh, both Ryan and Cummins use pink dots. :thinking::whistle:

6. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Thanks for the input, I never have tried where Ryan's pink dots are, mainly cause I would have to come in from a differnt way to not run them out of the fields. And that way is a LONGG walk

Usually the farmer doesn't get everything plowed under this early, dang dry weather.

Heres how I got it setup now. The small yellow dot is my bow/rifle stand and I can shoot (rifle) all the green lines. The big yellow dot is the box blind...the terrain was too rough to get it between the two fields, but I think if the back field gets picked the deer will be forced onto the flooded beans (blue rectangle)

I forgot, the lower green box is a picked bean field that shouldn't be plowed by rifle season and the yellow box above it is Dad's stand.

[file]145378[/file]

7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The others have concentrated on the north eastern section around the bean fields but you still have the southern area where I see some loafing and bedding areas that may pay off. Then there is the section at the north west that has some timber coming in from the neighboring property. You might set up your trailer there watching the timber edge along the river.

[file]145376[/file]