Where to go??

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by kc704, Nov 1, 2010.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Well, if the wife doesn't go into labor before I get to the stand I'm planning on hunting as soon as I get off duty in the morning. It'll be close to 8:30 AM before I can get there, but where should I sit? Field edges or timber? If timber I was thinking about setting up my climber over a scrape in the oak flat as noted (green line) along my four wheeler trail. I've seen alot of tracks thru there and there are still acorns on the ground and falling yet. I have my decoy hidden at #4. Thought about setting it up as a doe if I sit there. Good news is I don't have anything planned for tomorrow until the wife gets outta school. Let me know your thoughts!! Pick your brains. I need something on the ground I can eat. And that coyote I shot last night won't taste good!!

[file]144987[/file]

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I doubt that late in the day the deer will be coming to the open fields. Stick to the timber and the decoy won't hurt I'd say. Use your grunter and bleater occasionally in case someone might be interested in coming to investigate.

When is the Mrs due?

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    [rquote=1873343&tid=130472&author=Mailman]I doubt that late in the day the deer will be coming to the open fields. Stick to the timber and the decoy won't hurt I'd say. Use your grunter and bleater occasionally in case someone might be interested in coming to investigate.

When is the Mrs due?[/rquote]

If I stay in the timber I won't use the decoy cause it'd take me to long to retrieve it and set it up. She is due Thursday, but is currently having contractions as we speak.

4. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    I went fishing about 9 am sunday and saw does feeding in harvested corn fields in 3 different spots.Timber on one side of the road,and they were all in the open field on the other side of the road.