Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!:wave:
I'm some what new to MO area (Lee's Summit). I don't really know anybody with land and not sure what is good for hunting on the public side of things.
I grew up in MT so I'm no stranger to the woods and or hunting. Looks like I might be getting a bow to increase my areas avaliable to hunt.
Where are some good places to start looking for GOOD public areas? Don't mind a drive of a few hours or so. Anything to get me started or pointed in the right direction would be GREAT!!
I'm desperate!!!:banghead:

·
5,632 Posts
Welcome to the site! My best advice would be to go to...

www.mdc.mo.gov

and find their interactive maps. From there you will see all of the available Conservation Areas in the state.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Welcome to the site! My best advice would be to go to...

www.mdc.mo.gov

and find their interactive maps. From there you will see all of the available Conservation Areas in the state.
And then get Google Earth and get an aerial photo of the place. I have found that the aerial photos are some what more up-to-date than the MDC Maps.

Good Luck! and Welcome!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
Id be glad to give you my area If I can go to Montana in your place
I was gonna say....do ya still have any huntin spots out there???? Maybe we could swap a hunt or two!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
:wave::wave: Welcome to MWT and also Welcome to Lee's Summit neighbor, get your bow and we'll get together and do some shooting. We have a pretty nice outdoor range not 5 miles from 291 hwy. Need any help just give me a holler:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
sroth5, for public land you might check out the Truman Lake area as it has tons of available Corp land to hunt and not far from Lee's Summit.

Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW awesome thanks guys!!

MoBowman when I get my bow I'll take you up on that.

Fireman, beanpile: My dad still resides up there and I try to get up there as much a possible to hunt...althought that hasn't been alot lately:frown:

This site is truley sweet. I'll be here often. I can see I missed a few hunts with some members of the board. AND a camping trip!!! WOW where has this site been at...LOL

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by sroth5
WOW awesome thanks guys!!

MoBowman when I get my bow I'll take you up on that.

Fireman, beanpile: My dad still resides up there and I try to get up there as much a possible to hunt...althought that hasn't been alot lately:frown:

This site is truley sweet. I'll be here often. I can see I missed a few hunts with some members of the board. AND a camping trip!!! WOW where has this site been at...LOL
Well, welcome to the site, and in case noone mentioned, we like pics around here!!!!!! Maybe you've got some good MT pics to share...lol

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
sroth5, I almost forgot!!:bangin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by JackJr
sroth5, for public land you might check out the Truman Lake area as it has tons of available Corp land to hunt and not far from Lee's Summit.

Jack
OK I have and there is a ton of area out there..awesome thanks!!! That's a good start!! Anybody every hunt there??
Take any respectible bucks?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
The further you get away from the cities, the better. For big bucks.......(I hate to say this, I'm going to get :stickfight: ), I would be hunting in central MO, and/or north of the MO River.

Any conservation place that's bow hunting only away from the cities is gonna start being really good really quick....

Parker

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.