Where to find a list of archery only CA's

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by mohunter32, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I spent some time last night and this morning on the MDC website. I am looking for archery only conservation areas. I can't find a list on the web site. Do you think they have a list on there and I'm just not seeing it or typing in the right search words? I also emailed them but haven't got a reply yet. I figured someone on here would know for sure.

2. brad7623

brad7623 Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Arnold
    i'd like to know of one in jefferson county as well.

Thanks to whoever posts one up..

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are two that I know of in Jefferson county. Young Ca and Pacific Palisades CA.

4. get-r-done

get-r-done New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Mtn. Grove MO.
    Mohunter is your name Scott

5. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    [rquote=1891077&tid=131722&author=get-r-done]Mohunter is your name Scott[/rquote]

Depends on who's asking.:whistle:

6. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    If you get the deer hunting info booklet if lists each CA by region and what methods are allowed. You can find it online, but also at most sporting goods check out counters. You can get it at wal mart as well. Probably your best option

7. Bowtech

Bowtech New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Barnhart, Mo.
    There is also LaBarque Creek CA that is right down the road from Young Ca.

Out by Hillsboro there is Valley View Glades and Victoria Glades CA.

8. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    09Bowtech, thanks. I've heard of Young and been there a time or two. Haven't heard of the other 3.

9. Bowtech

Bowtech New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Barnhart, Mo.
    Well I scouted the two out in hillsboro after season was over last year and Victoria Glades was ok and I found a bedding area but not much sign. I'll be hunting Pacific Palisades tomorrow morning.

Here is the link for Jeff Co. CA areas once you select a CA there is a area map on the right side half way down that will give you a map of the place. If you already know that sorry just trying to help.

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaList.aspx?txtUserID=guest&txtAreaNm=s

10. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I need all the help I can get bruther. Thanks.:cheers:

11. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Finally got a respose from the MDC. They must be busy right now.:thinking::D As Gutpile had mentioned, the entire list of CA's are in the 2010 Fall Deer and Turkey hunting regulations booklet. I picked one up this morning on my way to work. I'll be spending some time looking up the areas near me. There are a bunch fairly close, an hours drive, that I have never heard of.

12. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

13. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  14. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

No problem. I was looking for a CA yesterday for the anterless only season. It took me a while to find it.