Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at prices at Bass Pro and Cabelas, and it looks like I can get a transom setup for about $220. 12V system, 63 lb. thrust. I want a lot of thrust so that I can get around these electric only lakes up here better. Dad's got a 40 that I'm used to, and I'd like to have a little more juice then that.

I don't NEED the 24V system do I? I'm not going to be doing a lot of actual trolling, just getting me around.

I'm also considering building a deck on the front of this boat, popping in a 'bass boat seat' and having a trolling motor up front instead. The problem with this setup is I don't like having a trolling motor up front and in the way for setting trot lines.

I'm going to be setting trot lines in the rivers, and fishing for crappie in small lakes in this boat. Any ideas are welcome. Please speak now, I'm going to make the purchase and decision soon. I want to get out there.

Parker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
You could buy one from me.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
You could buy one from me, if only I had one.
Im serious, if I had one, with 63 lb. thrust, you could in fact, buy one from me.

But since I don't, I can't help ya out there buddy. Perhaps when I unpack everything, I'll find one with my extra sets of computer speakers.

I'd say DSG is gonna be your best source of information on this. $220 doesn't sound too bad though.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
You could buy one from me, if only I had one.
Im serious, if I had one, But since I don't, I can't help ya out there buddy. Perhaps when I unpack everything, I'll find one with my extra sets of computer speakers.
You're KILLING me dude! I'm awefully asleep to be trying to compute all of this madness!

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I forgot.....Dad got his at Wally World, and it was the exact model that Cabelas had for $60 cheaper. I guess the north belt Wally World in St. Jo has a selection of them.

Parker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Back and Forth...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'd check Tri State Trolling motor before purchasing a new one. Hatch refered me to them a while back. They are very reputable they basically rebulid and sell trolling motors. You could save a lot of money and possibly move up to the 24V model for the same amount of scratch you were planning on spending.

They are located in Hazelwood

Here is their web site http://www.tristatetrollingmotor.com/

Good luck I hope you get out there soon!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
I've looked at prices at Bass Pro and Cabelas, and it looks like I can get a transom setup for about $220. 12V system, 63 lb. thrust.

Parker
So what ya waiting for? Especially if its got free shipping "with"............EH

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a Minn Kota 50 lb. thrust for $200 in my cart at Wally World. This is $30 cheaper than what Cabelas sells it for.

I'm getting closer to the water every day! :D

Parker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Got a Minn Kota 50 lb. thrust for $200 in my cart at Wally World.
Are you posting from a cell phone :neuspeuter:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Well you're getting closer for sure. We may have to test that thing out soon.
I'll drive. I just don't want to be caught in a CAR that's towing a boat - we might catch some slack.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
I just don't want to be caught in a CAR that's towing a boat - we might catch some slack.
:hysterical: Oh, I'm planning on that! Not too much will be able to be said when we show them the spoils in the livewell though!

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
13 more pounds of thrust would've cost me $44 more.

I think I'll be happy with the 50. Another thing is, I prefer Minn Kota over Motorguide. Personal preference from past experience.

Parker

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.