Where does a 214 inch whitetail live?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by leaker19, Feb 19, 2006.

1. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Interesting article in the March 2006 Outdoor Life has experts theorizing where the next world record typical buck will be taken. One of the experts gives Missouri the nod. Of course the article also puts the odds of taking a record buck at 1 in 361 million, but I say like Lloyd in Dumb & Dumber "So you're telling me there's a chance?"

Top 10 spots from the article:
    1. Illinois
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Iowa
    4. Saskatchewan
    5. Alberta
    6. Kansas
    7. Kentucky
    8. MO
    9. Ohio
    10. Manitoba

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Always a chance.... And truthfully they should separate sections of states that have the best chances.... next year gonna have a bunch of clueless tards come down to southern missouri for that 1 in a holycowmillion chance, only to see spikes.. if they even see a deer..

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    4 or 5 above, no doubt.
  4. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Exactly, EVERY outdoor magazine and EVERY outdoor website should do extensive research as to the specific counties that the next world record could come from and then publish it for all to see!

(*edit, that was sarcasm by the way for those who were unaware!)
  5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep, so all them people will flock to northern mo and chase em down to us southern peoples:rotfl:
  6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, DSG.. you are assuming that research is done BEFORE the story goes out. Thats a novel idea...
  7. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    That was petty good there rebel........you are learning! :wink4:

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I know, if everyone reads this, you ONLY want to hunt in northern missouri, there are no deer in southern or central missouri.. sorry..:eek:
  10. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Actually N Missouri is highly over rated. Most of the big bucks come from Iowa, Kansas and Illinois. :fart:
  11. A even more true statement ;)
  12. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow guys, after all of the debate, I am sold on northern Missouri!!!!:stickfight:
  13. See GSD we've got another one headed north :D

Man hunting ground is opening up everywhere down here now :rotfl:
  14. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    well, alwyshntn I just thought i would tag along with you like always, :withstupid:
  15. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    I was surprised about Kentucky being in there. I did not realize it had that potential!:eek: HYMMM! Do theyhave ticks chiggars spiders and snakes there?:cool:
  16. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

We only get the ones they don't have room for:eek:

17. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I was going to KCI 2 years ago and saw a guy hunting right on the KS/Mo border..I thought thats one way of getting a KS Buck without paying the outof state fees
  18. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yep all the deer are north.. north north north
  19. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    My feeling (i only have one left) is hurt ! Indiana has been in the top 6 for the last several years as far as # of record book entries. They killed several that had potential to become state records and at least one that went over 200" typical this year alone.

Actually I'm glad we're not on that list. Illinois can have all those yahoo's and their least agents as well.
  20. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    I agree with Rebel. There are nothing but spikes and a few forkies down here.