Where do you bowfish?

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Woods, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

The diease has set in, I'm hooked on bowfishing. Looking to buy a boat and get serious. Probably set it up for night fishing. I have been a few times, and it keeps getting better. My understanding is to hit the lakes in the spring and then the rivers afterwards. I lived 1 hour SW of st louis and was wondering where to go. I have bowfished bonnets mill (osage/missouri) and Truman lake (long drive) with a buddy. Suggestions?

Thanks!

WOODS

2. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Get on the Missouri at Washington. I would touch base with keith at aim low productions in that thread with the big gar. he doesn't post on here but GoGop put a link up.

3. Ditto what Rainbow said. I've only bowfished Taneycomo and Bull Shoals so wouldn't be of much help.

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm a truman lake, mo river guy, central part of the state...and all from the bank....hope to have a nice big river john someday with a platform and generator!!!!

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    mark twain is pretty good :cheers:

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    If you're ever here around Jeff City, try the Moreau River. LOTS of gar. U2U me...I'll tell you where to go!

7. Woods

coyotehunter I didn't even think about Mark Twain. Sounds like I don't have to drive hours to get some good bowfishing action.

:eek:

8. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    You need to talk to Keith At Aim low Productions. A St. Louis guy, good buddy of mine. He can help you out big time

9. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I usually try near water:hysterical: Sorry Woods it was there and I am bored.

10. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    Another really good spot in the summer is below Bagnal Dam. The Asian carp really gather up there when the water is calm, plus you sometimes get a bonus when the giant gar are up there.

11. Woods

I bought some more bowfishing goodies from summit archery on the way home Friday. My bowfishing buddy is stuck with the honey-do's. :mad2: Maybe we can sneak out Friday. :peepwall: