Where did yall have luck at?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Hunta4Life19, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Hunta4Life19

Hunta4Life19 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Deep Woods or fields?

2. Hunter79

Hunter79 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    I sat a wooded draw on a field edge. I saw 15-20 deer this morning with a pretty good representation of does and bucks and they were all in the timber. I sat the same stand tonight and saw around 7 or 8 and they were in the timber too except for 2. :cheers:

3. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    sat on the edge of a cut corn field and seen a whole lot of nothing

4. bigdrecycling

bigdrecycling New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Buffalo, MO
    I was working in the meat shop processing everybody elses deer... I'm not sure if that makes me lucky or not.
    Good to have work, nice to see the young ones out hunting with their parents and seeing their expressions when they bring me their deer, but still wishing I was out there myself.:whinging:

5. FrozenTundra

FrozenTundra Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ashland, WI & NEMO
    does and small bucks in food plot and the bigger bucks working the edges in the tall grass bordering the timber.

6. dpd925

dpd925 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    hunted deep woods and seen about 10 turkeys, no deer

7. mycatch71

mycatch71 New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    N.E. Missouri
    :claphands: on a gas line next to the river and in between two nice wooded areas

8. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Saw 21 on Saturday in the woods. A friend of mine saw 18 in the woods and my other friend hunting my place saw 8 in the field. The woods are very thick and the field is tall grass with cedars all over.

9. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    The smart deer are in the woods hiding, the stupid deer are still standing out in fields waiting to be shot. :claphands:

BTW, I didn't see any stupid deer this weekend. :cheers:

10. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    Been seeing lots of does in both woods and fields, but still haven't seen a single buck. I'll be back out tonight and might take the shot at the next doe that comes by. I'd hate to keep waiting for the bucks and end up skunked by passing on does!:D

11. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    The only deer I saw this weekend were in my dreams.:whinging:

12. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I hunted deeps woods Saturday morning bordering some MTNF ground and seen 8, but nothing worth shooting offered me a shot. Didn't see anything Sunday, but I hunted a different farm.:cheers: