Where are ya headin'

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by grunter73, Feb 4, 2006.

1. grunter73

grunter73 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Lincoln County
    Well, I know I'm not the only turkey addict on here.:D I was
    just wondering what some of your guys plans were for the season, and if you were going out of state to hunt.
    A couple years ago I sent off for Iowa. I had a blast, hunting around Van Buren county. Second day of the hunt, I got the biggest bird of my life, 26 lbs and 1 and 5/8 spurs. Now I get to sit here in my easy chair and admire him above the fireplace on a limb.
    Last year me and two buddies went to Kansas, we hunted around Lebo. Had a good time there as well. One buddy killed both his birds and I got me a nice bird as well. I'm probably gonna head back this year, but the one buddy was killed in a car wreck in the summer and the other buddy is gonna be a daddy in April, so I guess I'll be flyin solo. Even if I'm by myself I have a good time. The wife says I'm nuts, but I just can't get enough of those birds in the spring.:banghead: I always like going someplace new. I know some of you guys go to Nebraska, I'd like to hear some input on it.
    Been successful with the nephew on the youth hunt the last couple years, and last year was able to take a buddies boy on Sunday of the youth hunt and get him his first bird. Now that is what get's me going is to see how excited those kids get when ol' big boy comes struttin' in. This year will hopefully take my daughter, if she's able to handle the gun good enough. Got a new Eastman blind, just ready to go.
    Well hope to hear some big plans for this year.;)

2. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i am in the same boat as your second buddy going to be a daddy in april so only place i am going is to captial region hosiptial. Man theres going to be alot of tears as season approaches..

3. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I plan on trying to kill a couple Rios in Harper co. Ks, a merriam in Neb., and a couple of easterns in Mo. The Nebraska thing is up in the air but the Ks trip is a go. I can't wait!

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    DITTO! Except for the KS county. No need for me to type a bunch when you've already nailed it!

Parker

5. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Stay right in Butler county Mo.

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Im staying in MO! Illinois can Kiss MY @! I can hunt in Canada Cheaper!!!:mad:

7. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    well i am going to kansas but first the youth hunt in mo then well i guess its mo

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Kansas and Missouri this year and possibly a trip to Oklahoma. Would really like to be able to go back to Wyoming but ain't got the moolah for that.

Jack

9. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    I'll be hunting MO only...

Let's see... I'll be hunting the regualr place in Montogmery Co., and then proly a little bit out near Troy with my buddy and his dad.

Well that's unless someone needs a turkey hunting partner!
    Have gun, will travel!

10. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    MO and KS again. come on april.

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Mo...

Owensville area first part of season and north of Fayette towards the end.

Cant wait.

12. MO, going public land opening day, and up to the farm for seven days the end of the first week going into the second. Gotta have our traditional camp out and fish fry. Hope it doesn't rain every day like it did last year. Man I was so tired of rain and mud, and no gobbling, and no turkey for that matter. Good luck everyone.

BTH

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I've put in for Iowa in their early season, starting the monday after our yute season...and of course I'll be hittin em here during our 3 weeks.

14. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    ONLY 77 days Left but whos counting.......hunting my farm and got the whole last week off for nothing but turkeys,crappies,and shrooms.

:eek: