where are the deer????

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by woodshed, Nov 5, 2010.

1. woodshed

woodshed New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I'm struggling still. I've hunted all week for my vacation. I'm getting worried because my deer encounters are very low this year.

We have a lot of acorns left on the ground. I'm still only seeing the same fawns and spike buck. It's the same in the woods or food plots mornings or afternoons.

Any suggestions? Are you having the same?

2. 150

150 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Saint James MO
    Yes, the poorest yr so far for sightings. I haven't seen a mature buck yet.

3. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I've only seen three deer so far. But I'm still enjoying my time in the woods.

4. woodshed

woodshed New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    This was a better a.m. I saw 16 deer finally. I was worried about where all the does were, but saw some today. One was getting pushed real har by a 120". Saw another 115'ish alone limping around. Now shots. Can't wait to get back out for p.m.

Oh,, I was in the woods but they all were heading to clover plots,,,,finally!!

5. DadsprincessHNTR

DadsprincessHNTR New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    St. Charles
    :claphands: Good luck man they just arent pushing out of the woods to much until now. They just have too much food source in the woods still. (WHICH SUCKS) got a cold one tonight and tomorrow that ought to really be moving.

6. Woods

Woods Cooyon

Oct 16, 2003
    Gretna Louisiana
    The wind is not helping, it will lay down tonight. I'm going to go out this afternoon and try my luck.

7. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I'm guessing those nicer bucks are wherever the does are that you're not seeing either.

This time of year if you don't have does running your property, good luck seeing good bucks on your property.