Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Grrrrrrr
29,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn’t anyone hunting? I think there are 6 entries in the deer contest. No dead deer threads to speak of.

Hopefully MWT remembers that this is a deer hunting forum.

I’ve been hunting a grand total of 4 times. I had deer in range on each hunt except for yesterday evening….the only deer I saw last night were two I kicked up as soon as I stepped foot in the woods.

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
I think a lot of people arent crazy enough to hunt in this heat??
I've been out three times and have seen deer each time but cant say it was real enjoyable with the heat. Some evenings have been pleasant.

5 or 6 dead deer threads here, not everyone is in the deer contest I guess but yea, should be more chatter than this.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have only been twice, last Friday and Saturday morning. Going Sunday morning/evening and Monday morning this weekend.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Haven't been yet. Haven't even put the new weight broadheads on the crossbow & resighted either. Believe it or not, I don't even have a single trail cam out yet. Just not enough hours in the day these days. Hope to change that starting next week.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,808 Posts
Haven't been yet. Haven't even put the new weight broadheads on the crossbow & resighted either. Believe it or not, I don't even have a single trail cam out yet. Just not enough hours in the day these days. Hope to change that starting next week.
This....100%. I did manage to shoot my bow a couple of time, but that is it. Just not enough hours in the day.

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
only been a few times, and none by myself yet. Trying to be sure I have one of the boys with as if a 3.5 walks past I know they will want to skewer him.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
3 sits so far, saw deer 2/3 of them. Including one decent buck, but not one I would shoot this early in the season......

Going to hunt Fri-Mon this weekend, sposed to be in the 30's saturday morning, might be a fun weekend with any luck.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
I think a lot of people arent crazy enough to hunt in this heat??
I've been out three times and have seen deer each time but cant say it was real enjoyable with the heat. Some evenings have been pleasant.

5 or 6 dead deer threads here, not everyone is in the deer contest I guess but yea, should be more chatter than this.
I heard you killed one, is that true? :D

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
692 Posts
We dont deer hunt around here, we just bich and moan about the Turkey populations and lack of many 150" deer we have ever killed and how good the hunting used to be when we actually hunted....

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
We dont deer hunt around here, we just bich and moan about the Turkey populations and lack of many 150" deer we have ever killed and how good the hunting used to be when we actually hunted....
That's the old MWT, we've turned the page on that bit of history.... Get out and hunt, then come back and lets talk about it. What you did right, what you did wrong, what was the deer movement like... C'mon man, lets move forward. :D

Reactions: killmode

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've 6,7 sits. Nothing special. Want to get a couple does in freezer. Headed back out in an hour or so. Deer should be on their feet after this rain.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
OK, OK, I'll post a dead deer pic... Lil jerky for the pocket this weekend. :D

Cuisine Dish Sleeve Ingredient Magenta

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: 421sd

·
Fuldraw
2,118 Posts
To many weekend and emergency calls with work to get out. It sucks since we normally never work weekends.
I asked off for a Thursday Friday in October nope
Asked off for a Friday in November nope
They did give 2 days in December which surprised me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts