Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,289 Posts
July 4th. It’s a tradition I started many years ago. I check them a couple weeks later to make sure they are working properly and aimed correctly. After that it’s probably late August or September before I check them again.

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I run mine almost year round, but do reposition some. I like seeing turkey poults, does with fawns and new antler growth on bucks this time of year, of course I like getting the intel on deer and turkey just before and during season and also like to see what survives just after a season ends.

1,533 Posts
If I put out my cams this year, it will probably be during the last of my food plot prep in August. Summer pattern will change in September and any known movement will be worthless so it's more for a census. Cams about out of my blood tho. Just not a tool a enjoy using as much anymore.

Reactions: pinwheel

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Depends on the property.

One of the properties I hunt, the summer bucks stay through fall. On most other properties half leave and new ones show up. So on the property where they stay, I start putting out cameras in late July to get an inventory of what bucks are using the property. On the other properties where the bucks disperse, I wait til late September early October to put them out.

Late July is usually when you start seeing a buck's true potential since their antlers will be almost done growing. Most bucks will be done growing antlers by early August and the hardening process starts about mid August.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.