When is????

Discussion in 'Youth Hunts & Photos' started by FiremanBrad, Oct 26, 2010.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Youth firearms season?? Halloween weekend??? No, I'm not taking a kid this year, mine are too young. Just don't want to hunt one certain spot and mess up a kids hunt!!!????:cheers::wave:

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I guess I am taking a kid hunting this weekend....Cept he's almost 24!!! Going to try to rattle in a buck for my son to get his first bowkill!!!!:D:cheers::wave:

3. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1863706&tid=129771&author=cummins5.9]I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.[/rquote]

YOU have a very good point, Cummins!!!! Be even deadlier of they all shot Swede's!!!!:D:wave:

5. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    dont forget hunter orange is required this weekend. at least for turkey hunters it is, not sure about bowhunters :wave:

6. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1863706&tid=129771&author=cummins5.9]I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.[/rquote]

OMG... they are everywhere this weekend.:eek:

I'd stay out of the woods for sure, unless you have some sort of death wish......:rof2:

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1863710&tid=129771&author=knockemdeadd]dont forget hunter orange is required this weekend. at least for turkey hunters it is, not sure about bowhunters :wave:[/rquote]

Good question, for us uninformed bowhunters!!!!lol I'm out of that loop since my older kids got older!!!!:rof2::wave:

8. cummins5.9

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1863709&tid=129771&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1863706&tid=129771&author=cummins5.9]I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.[/rquote]

YOU have a very good point, Cummins!!!! Be even deadlier of they all shot Swede's!!!!:D:wave:[/rquote]

Let's not be ridiculous. Homeschooled kids are too weird and awkward to handle the awesome that is the Swede.

9. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1863710&tid=129771&author=knockemdeadd]dont forget hunter orange is required this weekend. at least for turkey hunters it is, not sure about bowhunters :wave:[/rquote]

Yep bowhunters too....

Although, I think there are a LOT of bowhunters that ignore this rule.... Based off of some pics I have seen in the past....:whistle:

10. lma

lma Active Member

[rquote=1863706&tid=129771&author=cummins5.9]I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.[/rquote]:thinking: Boy would I love to add to your list, but......:scared:

11. Neil

Neil New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1863718&tid=129771&author=callaojoe][rquote=1863710&tid=129771&author=knockemdeadd]dont forget hunter orange is required this weekend. at least for turkey hunters it is, not sure about bowhunters :wave:[/rquote]

Yep bowhunters too....

Although, I think there are a LOT of bowhunters that ignore this rule.... Based off of some pics I have seen in the past....:whistle:[/rquote]

Is it required if you are in a "bow-only" area?

12. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1863720&tid=129771&author=Neil][rquote=1863718&tid=129771&author=callaojoe][rquote=1863710&tid=129771&author=knockemdeadd]dont forget hunter orange is required this weekend. at least for turkey hunters it is, not sure about bowhunters :wave:[/rquote]

Yep bowhunters too....

Although, I think there are a LOT of bowhunters that ignore this rule.... Based off of some pics I have seen in the past....:whistle:[/rquote]

Is it required if you are in a "bow-only" area? [/rquote]

No, not then.....

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Orange is required while bowhunting, but I dint think it's required for a the hero pic photo session???

14. Spartan46

Spartan46 New Member

[rquote=1863719&tid=129771&author=lma][rquote=1863706&tid=129771&author=cummins5.9]I don't hunt during youth weekend. I'm too scared I'm gonna get shot by some 35lb, 6 year old, home-schooled girl shooting a 300 winny mag.[/rquote]:thinking: Boy would I love to add to your list, but......:scared:[/rquote]
    ME TOO!!!!:peepwall:

15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1863732&tid=129771&author=FiremanBrad]Orange is required while bowhunting, but I dint think it's required for a the hero pic photo session???[/rquote]

You are correct, it is not... But, I have seen some pics, well it'd be my guess they did not have hunter orange on..... But, since I wasn't there, I could be wrong about that.

But, when the pic is taken before the animal is dressed, and the guy is in full camo, including hat, etc.... Let's just say I am a bit suspicious.... But, that is all it is, a suspicion.... :shrug:

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I hear ya!! I got chastised last rifle season for not havin it on for the pics.... Deer was tagged, rifle unloaded, got hot from a little dragging so peeled off some layers! Had the wife in orange and a chevy truck a few feet away so I felt safe lol:cheers::wave:

17. cummins5.9

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    Brad, give it up. Anyone that hunts should wear hunter orange at all times. Even in a house or sleeping quietly in bed.

18. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Ya, I hear ya, had people getting on me a few years back, cause the pics of my son with a doe he'd killed he din't have orange on.

We tagged the deer asap, and headed up to the cabin...., I had to go over to DWD's and get the 4 wheeler to cart her out, and my son had retired to the living room by the time I called him out for pics..... :shrug:

One of those deals where I could run down into the woods real quick with the 4 wheeler, cart her out and then call him out for pics and field dressing.....:D