Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some folks that I use to do alot of hunting w/ but don't get a chance to much anymore. Some of these individuals have based their life happiness on their personal accomplishments as hunters. I've seen it effect their personal lives to an extent. When I hunt w/ a individual I've either invited to hunt w/ me or vise/versa I am just as happy to see them score as if it were me. This has really been botherin me lately cuz I used to spend all my time hunting w/ these people and now they just bring me down when I am around them. Their attitudes are contagious and I think having a positive attitude while hunting is a must and actually increases your odds of success. You have to believe in yourself and your spot. I think they have let their hunting "Social Statues" govern the way they hunt and they feel that killing a "Big One" is expected of them. When hunting gets to that point for me I'm done. Sorry a lil vent!!:whistle:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
alwyshntn, good post! I've gotten to the age where I could care less if I ever get anything again. I'd rather see someone I am with get that chance.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
sure I want to kill a good one, but if I bring someone out I put them in the best spot I think will produce and then i choose from there. Don't invite anyone if you are not able to happy for them if they kill a giant!!!!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I know just what you mean. My bro and I talked about this very thing. We have someone that likes to hunt with us but the whole time he does he just puts us down. We want him to be there but I've gotten so tired of it we just quit asking him. I'm all about going and having a good time and getting something is just the icing on the cake. Oh well, I guess some people are going to be like that.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother is pretty busy w/ being young, working, and of course girls. He was one of my favorite hunting partners and we just don't get to hunt together like we use to. Some of the others we hunt w/ are spending to much time and energy keeping up w/ the Jones's. Having the latest equip. killing the biggest deer, and just being all around authorities on the sport. It has just turned me off from hunting w/ them.

I have found myself hunting by myself more and more but I tell you it just isn't the same as having someone who looks at the outdoors in the same light as you do and gets the same enjoyment out of it. It has always been like a game for me. I always loved to scout a new spot hang the set and put someone else in it to see what happened. When I would get the call they just got the big one I was going out of my mind w/ excitement. That is what it is all about!!! My last few hunts have been outstanding but don't have the excitement of sharing it w/ a hunting partner like before. Plus another hand in dragging it out would help!!!

I guess sometimes things could just SLOW! down a little and get back to the basics. I look to my bro and I getting to hunt more together and create some more memories.

1 more goal is to meet and open up and hunt with possible new friends right here from MWT!!! 2010 IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS. IF YOU INVITE SOMEBODY TO HUNT WITH ME. I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT THEM IN THE BETTER SPOT. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU IT'S ABOUT EVERYBODY THERE AT THE TIME. AND HOPEFULY YOUR BUDDY KILLS SO THEY WANT TO COME BACK. EVERYBODY CHIPS IN WHEN WE KILL FROM A-Z.AND IF YOU DON'T KILL JUST BE HAPPY FOR WHO EVER DID. THAT'S WHAT HAVEN A HUNTIN BUDDY IS ALL ABOUT AND IF THEY AREN'T LIKE THAT TELLEM MOVE ALONG NO SOUR PUSSES HERE.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1542181&tid=107408&author=shawncat]:cheers: Glad to see a few of us left.[/rquote]

AMEN!!!:cheers:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,017 Posts
Hunting not fun????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Didn't know that was even remotely possible.....:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Grrrrrrr
30,041 Posts
I know exactly what ya mean. I know a guy who used to have the most passion for bowhunting of anyone I knew. He was a terrific archer, won many shoots, shot several big bucks, but somewhere along the line he got this sence of "entitlement" and all of a sudden his attitude went south. He does nothing but complain...nothing makes him happy. I see him only a few times a year now and about 5 minutes around him is all I can take before I get my fill of him.

·
I love work. I can watch it all day.
1,811 Posts
Oh yeah hunting is still fun but to hunt just to kill a biggin has passed me by. I got, and the wife, has enuff horns on the wall we don't need to make a point. I'll still shoot a goodin and get excited but I've let several deer walk the last few years that I would have tried to take years back.

If it ain't a B&C I ain't pullin the trigger. Which means I might as well leave the gun/bow in the truck.

I'll take a lone skinhead instead just for the meat. I likes me some venison meat :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
:eek:::cheers::claphands:

Love to see others enjoy it too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I`ve only been hunting a few years, and that I have done with my 2 sons. Naturally I get more excited for them to have opportunities to harvest. I haven`t really hunted with friends, but I`m sure I`d be the same way.

I can relate this to Bass fishing, I`m on the lake 1st of March every year, chasing that big prespawn bass. I know of several docks that produce BIG fish almost every year, and when I pull up to one of them with a friend, I set my rod down and guide the boat. I`ve caught so many big fish that I get more enjoyment out of watching someone else, and keeping them calm while landing it. Now it they beat around a dock or other honey hole and come up empty, I`ll pick up my rod and see if I can get somethings attention, and sometimes do, but I always give a guest the best opportunity 1st.

I like the way you guys think:cheers:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,331 Posts
I definitely hunt to kill, but I don't like the competitive stuff either. Most of the people I hunt with are genuinely glad to see me be successful. (The most recent examples being SHEDHEAD and ShawnCat).

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
[rquote=1542320&tid=107408&author=archer66]I know exactly what ya mean. I know a guy who used to have the most passion for bowhunting of anyone I knew. He was a terrific archer, won many shoots, shot several big bucks, but somewhere along the line he got this sence of "entitlement" and all of a sudden his attitude went south. He does nothing but complain...nothing makes him happy. I see him only a few times a year now and about 5 minutes around him is all I can take before I get my fill of him. [/rquote]

His brother must be down here!:stickfight:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hey, yall can hunt with me! I'm happy :cheers: and will be just as happy for you when you kill the big one.....just let me take a pic with it and tell my wife its mine :claphands:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.