Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
set up your trail cameras.....?????? I moultrie 200 digital for CHRISTmas last year and put it up right away and took it down in March.

When do you guys like to set them back out?????

I can not decide if I want to go check it when it is hot. I am thinking about waiting until september when I set up my stands.......

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Mine were set April 1. Looking for fawns and checkin how they are hitting blocks and food.
Set just to catch activity, so longer time between single pics.
I'll be moving them in the woods and on trails beginning of June looking for buck travel areas again.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
I'll set mine around the middle of July. I got two of them at the end of July last year, and I feel I was JUST a tad too late. As soon as the bucks near full potential on their racks, that's when I wanna see some pics.

I think Clansey gets his out a little earlier than that.

Parker

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I have mine up year round usually. The only time I take them down is during turkey season simply because I don't want some wandering mushroom hunter to stumble upon them.
I was actually thinking earlier tonight that I may get some fresh batteries and get on it tomorrow.

I like to have them up around this time throughout the antler growing period personally, I think it's cool to get pictures of bucks in different stages of growth. Hopefully I'll have some decent pics soon!

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
I just replentished my salt & mineral again last night and will have my camera out in a couple of weeks. I took a large % of my pics last year in July and August while the bucks were running together.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
GHunter's pics of the bucks he has been seeing convinced me to get my cams out today. I laid out 50 pounds of salt, split over two places, and I put a box of A&H Washing Soda over the lick WITH my camera.

I've still got one camera here at the house, but I'm convinced that I may miss out on a little if I don't get this one out there now.

I also made a little clover food plot infront of one of the stands quick.

I'm SET UP! :D

DEER! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT! Cause I ain't gonna just hit you with my car this time!

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
GHunter's pics of the bucks he has been seeing convinced me to get my cams out today. I laid out 50 pounds of salt, split over two places, and I put a box of A&H Washing Soda over the lick WITH my camera.

I've still got one camera here at the house, but I'm convinced that I may miss out on a little if I don't get this one out there now.

I also made a little clover food plot infront of one of the stands quick.

I'm SET UP! :D

DEER! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT! Cause I ain't gonna just hit you with my car this time!

Parker
Parks.. maybe you should just stay out there with your digital all day and night for a week or two..

Got that kinda staying power? :D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Rat,

Back when mommy and daddy paid the bill for the lights over my head, I used to go on those little photo journeys, and I loved them.

But, now that I have to foot the bill to get by, my hunting and fishing experiences have turned more into (not totally) meat gathering.

April: get turkey, May: get crappie, June: get catfish......etc.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Gotcha..

I figured something to the effect that "maybe city boys cant hack it in the woods all day" like ya'll. lol

I'm gonna stop by one time this summer when I visit the folks (real closeby) and meetcha!
I got something I need to give you anyways. ;)

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Gotcha..

I figured something to the effect that "maybe city boys cant hack it in the woods all day" like ya'll. lol

I'm gonna stop by one time this summer when I visit the folks (real closeby) and meetcha!
I got something I need to give you anyways. ;)
Come on around......you ought to ride to Columbia with Pipe on the 17th when we meet at Bass Pro.

I've got PLENTY of city in me too my friend. I lived in ghettoville Houston, TX when I was a kid for 3 years, lived in KC for another two, and then lived in Smithville for 12 (in between the city and the country----back then that is! Its all city now)

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Yep.. I'm thinking about doing that.

Gonna be busy for me round that time but I'll try.

I need to take the wife camping b4 she gets all peeved.. been doing too
much hunting and stuff between p-doggin and no-luck turkey hunting. :frown:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Yep.. I'm thinking about doing that.

Gonna be busy for me round that time but I'll try.

I need to take the wife camping b4 she gets all peeved.. been doing too
much hunting and stuff between p-doggin and no-luck turkey hunting. :frown:
:hysterical: :hysterical: Wives tend to get in the way of fun like that.......that's what I hear! :hysterical: :hysterical:

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
yea..

But, my wife saved me from a life I would never have survived...

I owe her at least some camping.. Cant believe I bagged the best
of the best, for sure. Thankful every day, really.

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
pic 1

Ok.. b4 we get back to the trailcam deal, humor me with
what I was alluding to...

This is how I like my lady to spend her time when we are
camping... got a travel trailer that takes some work to
set up... as most rv folks will attest to... She gets to relax
and the hammock is the FIRST thing that gets setup.

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts

And.. she lets me drag her to colorado, montana, or other
parts unknown... wiff no complaints.
I do owe her a carribean vacation though.. ggrrrrrr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.