Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love scouting and finding rubs on the trees. I'm just starting bow hunting this year and was wondering when the rubs start appearing? I know you're not supposed to hunt directly over them but it's fun to find them. Chris

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Should be seeing them in a couple of weeks.

I agree fun to find and wonder what's making them.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
what do yah mean, don't hunt over them?the buck is telling you how he travels and what direction he is going,plus a lot of them is in his bedding areas.he giving you everything you need to figure him out just like a map.connect the dots and he is yours.:dancin:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I think he meant hunt over them like some would a scrape. I've put stands over big sign post rubs and not seen a deer. So I would have to agree with his general statement as well. Now I will use them by all means as a scounting tool as your suggesting Coyote

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,534 Posts
For me, it really depends on the rubs. When I find a rub line, I can connect the dots & find a good ambush point. Worked last year. Single big rubs, signpost rubs, I don't hunt, that's where the ir camera is going.:rotfl:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
yepper thats the spot for th ir for sure.get to see all the boys there at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.