When did you kill your first deer?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by golfnut1969, Nov 12, 2010.

1. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

Just curious to see when most of you killed your first deer. I'm 41 years old and haven't killed a deer yet. Hoping to get my first this year. Only my 3rd year getting out there and I passed on a few last year. Hoping this is the year.
    :pop:

2. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    I went a couple of years in my twenties, but didn't harvest my first deer until 2002. It was on my youngest daughter's 2nd birthday and I was 33 at the time. It was a decent buck, and it was on public land too. Since then I've been blessed enough to take 2 more bucks and a big doe.

3. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I killed my first when I was 15. I'm 41 now and don't know how many I've killed just because I never did keep track of them.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I was 25, 1990. First deer, 11 pt. 215lbs field dressed. I sold his antlers to firemedjoe. I hope he rattles up a monster with those!
    26, 1991 first bow kill with an old Browning compound, 80 lb draw. Thank goodness for technology!

5. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Shot my first deer in 1977 at the age of 11.

6. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Shot my first one my first season hunting way back before they had youth hunts. I think I was probably around 11 or 12, however old you had to be in order to take hunter's ed. Was a little spike with one side broke off. I'm not sure how many deer I've shot now. Been too long to keep track.

7. fish

fish Active Member

16 years old, 1966. Shot an 8pt up the bung hole(literally) w/ a 16 ga slug out of a JC Higgins shotgun Nasty cleaning job:cool3:

Almost made me quit deer hunting:D

8. 76_michael

76_michael Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    first for me was when I was 16 and shot a 4 pointer

9. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I think I was 11 or 12 first day I ever hunted with my own deer rifle. Had a doe pop out of nowhere when my dad was coming to pick me up from the stand to go in for lunch. I dropped her in her tracks with a .44 Ruger carbine. :2thumbsup: Great gun!

Parker

10. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    I was around 12 on mine and it was one of the smallest bucks I've ever killed. It's my most memorable though and even though I can't hunt that property anymore, I bet I could take you within 10 feet of the exact spot I and the buck were standing at the moment of impact. :claphands:

11. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    Shot my first deer when I was 10 years old on November 27th 1976 . 8 point buck on my grandpas farm near Claremore Oklahoma .

12. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    I killed a doe first time sitting in a stand with my uncles 30-06 that hadn't been shot since 1982. That was 2004 at the age of 23. That gun had not been shot since the 1982 season and was still dead on. When he died in an accident in 83, my dad got the gun and it sat in his gun cabinet.

13. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

shot my first deer when i was 13 at logan wildlife area using the mauser grandpa braught home from ww2 :cheers:

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    13 yrs old, my first deer...and it was with a bow

15. Farm Boy

Farm Boy New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Slater, Mo
    I was 9 yrs old. Hunted with my dad in his stand. shot an 8 pt buck. I remember how bad I thought the old marlin 30-30 kicked at the time. but did not feel it that morning. :cheers:

16. LeeinMo

LeeinMo Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Kearney
    I had just turned 16. We lived on 5 acres up in Holt Mo. I shot a really nice 8 point in the frnt part of it. Dad said he could hear me hollering and came looking for me. Was worried I had fell outof my treestand lol!!! 1987

17. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Sidelock at Mark Twain during the muzzleloader season. I didn't kill my first deer with a centerfire till I was 18.
    Come to think of it, I think I've only killed 6 with a rifle. That old sidelock is still the go-getter --- hence why I'm posting on the opening morning of rifle season. :pop:

18. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    I was in 4th grade and skipped school on a Friday. Button buck down around 10:00 am:cheers:

19. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

Well, I'm still a 'Deer Hunting Virgin'. Saw a doe this morning around 9am but nothing else. I was hunting public land and the doe was about 20 yards on the other side of the area's boundry and on private land. Can't make it out again until next Sunday. Plan to spend the entire day out hunting then.