Whelp.. their still out there...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Rebel2, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep, struck out this mornin. They just didnt want to cooperate at all... Only had 1 bird gobblin and he gobbled 3 times on the roost and by 7 am... no more.

Went to the spot to where id been seeing them EVERY morning by 7 am, 4 big toms struttin their stuff... of course today they dont... well, not at 7 am newho.

by 7:30 and nothin happenin, decided to check a few other spots and make some calls, so i left went over a few ridges and notta.. as my father and i were cruisin along a field on one ridge, i stopped and said, you know it'll be our luck that now since we left that ridge they'll be there.. he laughed and said he doubted theirs anything there. Grabbed the binos, glassed the ridge from many many hundred yards away and guess what.... there they were.. 4 toms and 5 hens.. i had to be to work by 11 so i said, weve got 45 minutes lets give it a whirl.. hopped back in the jeep and went flying through fields and cow patties galore and got to the bottom of the ridge / field they were in.. snuck around up goat mtn as i call it as its practically straight up. after stopping for the many heartattacks along the way got to about where i thought they'd be.. i had my dad stop i snuck up about 10 yards and looked and their they were 50 yards from us. snuck back down and sat and started calling softly and then the gobblin started.. all 4 were gobblin in unison... after listing to that for 30 minutes i stood up and they were gobblin as they walked off... danged hens.. called it a mornin and cided id be better off not spookin em and now at work...

turkeys 1 - rebel 0

hopefully better luck tomorrow...

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I had the same kinda luck rebel....not a bad day though, gettin to see 4 of struttin and gobblin!!! I only saw 2....lol

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yeah to me any day in the turkey woods is a good'n...

4. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    keep after it buddy, no doubt they will fall to the 935.:banana:

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good advice.............:cheers:

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    My brothers & I played that game all day last Saturday & once on Sunday mornin'...

Every time we moved, so did the turkeys. We finally figured out their pattern, and moved again Sunday morning. We finally done something right, got ahead of them, and ended up smack dab in the middle of 'em...

Keep after 'em, and it'll happen... :wave:

7. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Sounds like a fun time in the woods!!! Good luck!!!!